Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adding a selectable, rotating scanglass effects wheel

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

that's true, but the limiting factor is really the speed of the steppers. it does run a lot quieter when you're using buttons to bop wheel positions and rotation speed instead of using sliders.

i'm in communication with technological artisans about some firmware changes that would optimize how the unit works, but it's a great unit and is going to be a lot of fun now that i can drive it from the same controller i'm driving radiators.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    You probably can chop the DMX 00,00 padding to 16 bytes or less.
    The standard allows for short streams.

I have a few devices that just send 12 bytes.

Advantage of doing this is strictly update speed.

I have the same Unit from Technological Artisans. I love it.

Steve
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

mixedgas is online now Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Traveling salesman or nearest neighbor for the disk movement, and hitting the freeze on the microstepping driver for slightly less noise?"

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Traveling salesman or nearest neighbor for the disk movement, and hitting the freeze on the microstepping driver for slightly less noise?"

Steve
    yes, i think nearest neighbor is very good approach. it's simple and could result in quite a time save. it would also be cool to have a routine to dip the laser to black while the disk is rotating to the new position and then fade it back up when it's in position.

....etc
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I 3D printed one of these a while back - still haven't done anything with it though...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3D printed offset turret.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	61108
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso