Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Off's

Default RE: shop bounce matrix

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Do you have an pictures of it in action?
    Quote Originally Posted by laserLips View Post
    I wanna see too ...
    Hey guys -

well, thanks for the enthusiasm, but don't have any shots of THAT particular set-up, cause we usually just do programming, quickie timing tests, etc with it - this part of our shop is not real sexy - but got LOTS of bounce-mirror work here http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...CE54BD0246BE4B and if you are on myspace at all, I have a page there, with lots of pix, and if you ask to be a 'friend', you can see ALL the pix, including systems, etc - we build all our own stuff, are NOT just resellers (except, you could say, for the Laserscope conversions! - most of our (mine, too! systems' work was born from 'home-brewed designs', so it is relevant to the forum - I'll have more personal work up when the gallery gets' fixed (too much to clog up this post with... - Meantime, here's a little sweetie from a show back in '04...gotta love mirrors, man! - ciao

- j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mirasol_2.jpg  

....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Default Can never have too many...

Quote Originally Posted by DZ View Post
    I like the way you think!
    Yeah, me too!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Level_Gallery04.jpg  

dsli_jon..Thats a pretty awesome shot
    I like !!! 8)
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

OK, That's just too much- my jealosy is showing- this is getting to be a Watt forum now. I'll have to either hock my house or go over to CPF

Once you got above the watt you never go back

I wanna do a drive by laser show/graffiti.
    dsli_jon what power inverter do you use?
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Default RE: wattsup...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Once you got above the watt you never go back

I wanna do a drive by laser show/graffiti.
    dsli_jon what power inverter do you use?
    Hey Doc -

Yeah, fer sure, more watts are more addictive - more so in Full Color, but 20-40W of 532 does do a pretty good job of 'shock and awe'

I am not exacly sure of the brand 'Power-something...' of our inverter, cause the label got ripped off years ago, but it is most similar to this model http://www.donrowe.com/inverters/wagan_5000.html (and we paid like almost $600. fer it... Doh!!! ) But we were using it to power an entire remote laser show (laser, projector, PC, lighting board, small space heater / fan, worklights, etc) inside a sho van, so I am sure you could get by with a smaller one... UNLESS you are talking using GRL's exact setup? (lemme know if this makes sense, and I'll PM you the linx - since I most likely would be tried for heresy if I post them here! - ciao

- jon

Default RE: laser envy...

Quote Originally Posted by marconi View Post
    dsli_jon..Thats a pretty awesome shot
    I like !!! 8)
    Thanks, marco - a bit of time-exp (but not TOO much! goes a long way (but it really DOES look that bright in there on full-power! - normally they just run it CW (~3-4W) but at midnight (or when they have celeb-dj's in) they kick it up to 20+ for a bit to amp the crowd... does the trick!

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    OK, That's just too much- my jealosy is showing- this is getting to be a Watt forum now. I'll have to either hock my house or go over to CPF
    Now, Steve, tranquilo, buddy! For about $2K (or less) you, too can have one of these older 'mr coffee'-style (the percolator, not the PL member! laserscope L-fold models to mod (I can show you how for free! and be blazing 25W around your shop in no time (with goggles, of course! - life is just not complete till all the neighbors think you're a friek, right?? - ciao
    - j
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00216.jpg  

DSC00217.jpg  

Now, Steve, tranquilo, buddy! For about $2K (or less) you, too can have one of these older 'mr coffee'-style (the percolator, not the PL member! laserscope L-fold models to mod (I can show you how for free! and be blazing 25W around your shop in no time (with goggles, of course! - life is just not complete till all the neighbors think you're a friek, right?? - ciao
    - j[/quote]

Ummmmm.... sounds REALLY INTERESTING! Maybe you can add some details in a PM or phone call

man laserscope it the mutts nuts

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

hehe, how about share the beamspecs of the Laserscope to the PL members. The interest will quickly fade away. Also, these things are bad ass in IR mode, to tell with a filter. Nothing like 150watts of IR. Can see shit burning.