Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Show Off's

Looking great! Refresh my memory what galvos are you using?

They are the DT-40 pro's from Jian. Tuned by Bill at SELEM meet last year. Those guys at Pangolin are the best !
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I dont know if this is showing off but...here is a picture i engraved of Michael Jackson with breast laser engraved on a graham cracker.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus Camera 062.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I dont know if this is showing off but...here is a picture i engraved of Michael Jackson with breast laser engraved on a graham cracker.
    HAHAHAHAHA...lol... (would have been funnier if you had put PR's head on top of the torso, though...)

We just better not catch you EATING THIS CRACKER with a glass of MILK!!!!!

type to ya soon...

- J
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

This cracker was by far the best item I have ever seen for sale on ebay.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Cool

I dont know if this is showing off but...here is a picture i engraved of Michael Jackson with breasts, laser engraved on a graham cracker.
    Dude... I gotta ask: What on earth possesed you to try this?

I mean, seriously, you're sitting around eating graham crackers, listening to "Thriller", and playing with your laser engraver while flipping through the pages of Playboy, when suddenly the idea strikes you to draw an image of the gloved one with boobs and then engrave it on a cracker?

If alcohol or dope wasn't involved, I'll be amazed...

I'll bet you could get a couple grand for that cracker on E-bay though. (Hell, they got $28,000 for the Virgin Mary's image on a grilled-cheese sandwitch, for crying out loud!)

Adam

you need to engrave jesus or mary on some and put them on ebay...

then you can branch off into engraving whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Dude... I gotta ask: What on earth possesed you to try this?

I mean, seriously, you're sitting around eating graham crackers, listening to "Thriller", and playing with your laser engraver while flipping through the pages of Playboy, when suddenly the idea strikes you to draw an image of the gloved one with boobs and then engrave it on a cracker?

If alcohol or dope wasn't involved, I'll be amazed...

I'll bet you could get a couple grand for that cracker on E-bay though. (Hell, they got $28,000 for the Virgin Mary's image on a grilled-cheese sandwitch, for crying out loud!)

Adam
    ROFL!!! You pretty much hit it on the head!!! I was blown away. When i listed it on ebay i only sold one for around 5.00. I did get linked on 3 or 4 of the weirdest things listed on ebay sites sort of places. HHHHHmmmmm It would be NO problem doing Jesus or Mary, But I am Catholic (not fanatic) but something just tells me...it wouldnt be right. 28 k for mary on grilled cheese i might try, and then go to confession and give HALF of it to the church.

I have put company logos on crackers for board meetings of execs, NO LIE- i did a picture of my daughter on a flour tortilla and it was amazing, we dried it out and hung it in her window and it looked 3D. I am and have always been...one could say......unconventional. Thanks for the kind words.

I have put company logos on crackers for board meetings of execs, NO LIE- i did a picture of my daughter on a flour tortilla and it was amazing, we dried it out and hung it in her window and it looked 3D.
    You da man, dude... I wouldn't have even TRIED to engrave a flour tortilla, much less tried to get a decent likeness of my offspring engraved on one. That's just too cool.

So, what's the market like for graham crackers with company logo's engraved on them? (And wouldn't the burned area affect the taste?)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    You da man, dude... I wouldn't have even TRIED to engrave a flour tortilla, much less tried to get a decent likeness of my offspring engraved on one. That's just too cool.

So, what's the market like for graham crackers with company logo's engraved on them? (And wouldn't the burned area affect the taste?)

Adam
    The trick is to just barely etch the surface and they look real cool. Too much power and they taste like burnt toast. I use a program called photograve and it works perfect on any material. Very high res, some trial and error is required. I put my name on a peanut, etched fruit skins, mtv logo on a emu egg (smells real bad) cheese nips work great. If im sittin there eating something i mark it. The furniture photo has a dime leaning up against the leg of the chair. Lasers are fun!

OK...Now I'm just showing off!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MTV Emu Egg.JPG  

Furnature with dime.JPG