Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Show Off's

Can you guess what i just ate? 10:13am 1/04/08?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Olympus Camera 078.jpg  

Olympus Camera 079.jpg  

Those pieces of furniture are so cool.. you could make mint selling them for exclusive wendy houses to the rich and famouse, do a made-to-order range...

can I borrow your laser

Michael Jackson with boobs... well...
    Just what he needs..
    What are U using to engrave with?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Michael Jackson with boobs... well...
    Just what he needs..
    What are U using to engrave with?
    50 watt universal V-400, i have two of them. I'll be selling one of them real soon. I am moving out of my building and moving back in my garage were I started 35 years ago (different garage but same concept). I have a great 50 watt co2 galvo system that I built but I dont use it very often.

Sounds cool. Did you get hit in the face with it? (your avitar)

I agree the furniture is pretty damn cool. I got one of those mini sample Aztec calendars from Epilog a while back.

The V-400 is that a model name of a machine? Never heard of it. Also is it like a galvo style or is it like a CNC model like the Epilog engravers?

BTW, when I read the post of the banana I didn't see the picture first but I read "guess what I ate today" and I just didn't want to look at the picture... I was afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I agree the furniture is pretty damn cool. I got one of those mini sample Aztec calendars from Epilog a while back.

The V-400 is that a model name of a machine? Never heard of it. Also is it like a galvo style or is it like a CNC model like the Epilog engravers?

BTW, when I read the post of the banana I didn't see the picture first but I read "guess what I ate today" and I just didn't want to look at the picture... I was afraid.
    here is the machine http://www.ulsinc.com/english/laser_...line/v460.html

Cool

Pretty cool stuff there, Laserman!

I've seen engraving units like that one you posted at trade shows and whatnot. They offer to engrave your cell phone, your Ipod, your laptop... Just about anything you want. Seems to be pretty lucrative, so long as you don't spend too much time dicking around with what the customer wants amd just get to engraving. The last one I saw was at a fair, and there were ~ 15 people in line every time I saw it.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Pretty cool stuff there, Laserman!

I've seen engraving units like that one you posted at trade shows and whatnot. They offer to engrave your cell phone, your Ipod, your laptop... Just about anything you want. Seems to be pretty lucrative, so long as you don't spend too much time dicking around with what the customer wants amd just get to engraving. The last one I saw was at a fair, and there were ~ 15 people in line every time I saw it.

Adam
    Wow...the fair circuit, the life of a carnie is not an easy one. The key to making money with one of these machines is that you have to keep it moving, when it sits there ideling...you are not "printing money" I do very crazy things with my machine because i love to see how far I can push the technology of the machine. You have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Show us the rest of it then

Really, I would love to see some of the crazy stuff you can do with it. I have wanted an epilog for a while, but I think that is what would happen, I would have the random job for it once a week.

From what I hear my school has one for $0.75 Per SECOND!!!! Yikes, however cool it may be, and fast for that matter, I think that is a bit overpriced. Right now I am trying to convince my boss to get our department's laptops engraved with it. Specifically our new Macbook Pro. I'll keep twisting their arm. Then I can play around with the engraver on the clock for 0 cents per second!

-Max