Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Show Off's

I agree the furniture is pretty damn cool. I got one of those mini sample Aztec calendars from Epilog a while back.

The V-400 is that a model name of a machine? Never heard of it. Also is it like a galvo style or is it like a CNC model like the Epilog engravers?

BTW, when I read the post of the banana I didn't see the picture first but I read "guess what I ate today" and I just didn't want to look at the picture... I was afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    I agree the furniture is pretty damn cool. I got one of those mini sample Aztec calendars from Epilog a while back.

The V-400 is that a model name of a machine? Never heard of it. Also is it like a galvo style or is it like a CNC model like the Epilog engravers?

BTW, when I read the post of the banana I didn't see the picture first but I read "guess what I ate today" and I just didn't want to look at the picture... I was afraid.
    here is the machine http://www.ulsinc.com/english/laser_...line/v460.html

Cool

Pretty cool stuff there, Laserman!

I've seen engraving units like that one you posted at trade shows and whatnot. They offer to engrave your cell phone, your Ipod, your laptop... Just about anything you want. Seems to be pretty lucrative, so long as you don't spend too much time dicking around with what the customer wants amd just get to engraving. The last one I saw was at a fair, and there were ~ 15 people in line every time I saw it.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Pretty cool stuff there, Laserman!

I've seen engraving units like that one you posted at trade shows and whatnot. They offer to engrave your cell phone, your Ipod, your laptop... Just about anything you want. Seems to be pretty lucrative, so long as you don't spend too much time dicking around with what the customer wants amd just get to engraving. The last one I saw was at a fair, and there were ~ 15 people in line every time I saw it.

Adam
    Wow...the fair circuit, the life of a carnie is not an easy one. The key to making money with one of these machines is that you have to keep it moving, when it sits there ideling...you are not "printing money" I do very crazy things with my machine because i love to see how far I can push the technology of the machine. You have only seen the tip of the iceberg.

Show us the rest of it then

Really, I would love to see some of the crazy stuff you can do with it. I have wanted an epilog for a while, but I think that is what would happen, I would have the random job for it once a week.

From what I hear my school has one for $0.75 Per SECOND!!!! Yikes, however cool it may be, and fast for that matter, I think that is a bit overpriced. Right now I am trying to convince my boss to get our department's laptops engraved with it. Specifically our new Macbook Pro. I'll keep twisting their arm. Then I can play around with the engraver on the clock for 0 cents per second!

-Max

Quote Originally Posted by mliptack View Post
    Show us the rest of it then

Really, I would love to see some of the crazy stuff you can do with it. I have wanted an epilog for a while, but I think that is what would happen, I would have the random job for it once a week.

From what I hear my school has one for $0.75 Per SECOND!!!! Yikes, however cool it may be, and fast for that matter, I think that is a bit overpriced. Right now I am trying to convince my boss to get our department's laptops engraved with it. Specifically our new Macbook Pro. I'll keep twisting their arm. Then I can play around with the engraver on the clock for 0 cents per second!

-Max
    .75 per second...some one has been smoking crack. I charge 1.00 per minute actual run time and 60.00 per hour artwork layout time. They are EFFED in the head. Actual run time for 80% of materials works out to about .50 to .75 per sq inch any more than that you are getting gouged.

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    I dont know if this is showing off but...here is a picture i engraved of Michael Jackson with breast laser engraved on a graham cracker.
    haha I just got an e mail from the guy I sold this Michael Jackson with Boobs laser engraved on a graham cracker for $5.00....He said he just sold it on a ebay type site for ...$40.00!!!!! wow....cool....

see post #63 in this thread
    Pat B on alt.lasers

Visit My Site

laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Wow a 5 year old thread !!! (minus about a month..) Resurrected !!! Still subscribed too .. (way to go on the quantum forum mechanics thing Spec :]
    And congratz Pat .. on the MJ/ w/ boobs graham cracker (I think ..) .. could be a lil bit stale by now lol / ''

And I'm the bitch that started it :-)
    I'm just showing off

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Laserman532 View Post
    haha I just got an e mail from the guy I sold this Michael Jackson with Boobs laser engraved on a graham cracker for $5.00....He said he just sold it on a ebay type site for ...$40.00!!!!! wow....cool....

see post #63 in this thread
    Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but I just found it. I'm the guy who bought the art piece entitled "Michael Jackson's tits on a graham cracker." for $40, in November 2012. Strangest thing I ever purchased. It was from a (now-defunct) ebay-style site called Bitmit, where you could only pay with Bitcoin (at todays price, I would have paid nearly $1000 for it!) I still use Bitcoin, and always wondered what the deal was with the graham cracker. Can't believe I found this forum by searching around.

Here's a picture I took of it shortly before eating it. I didn't realize it was so many years old at the time, but it wouldn't have made a difference.
    6RSwd8o.png
    TRCNk6o.png

Quote Originally Posted by socrates1024 View Post
    Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but I just found it. I'm the guy who bought the art piece entitled "Michael Jackson's tits on a graham cracker." for $40, in November 2012. Strangest thing I ever purchased. It was from a (now-defunct) ebay-style site called Bitmit, where you could only pay with Bitcoin (at todays price, I would have paid nearly $1000 for it!) I still use Bitcoin, and always wondered what the deal was with the graham cracker. Can't believe I found this forum by searching around.

Here's a picture I took of it shortly before eating it. I didn't realize it was so many years old at the time, but it wouldn't have made a difference.
    6RSwd8o.png
    TRCNk6o.png
    Why did I engrave Michael Jackson with boobs on a graham cracker? Because no one had, and I could... Hope you enjoyed your snack!
    Pat B on alt.lasers

Visit My Site

laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

that is one of my most desired items - one o them crackers.
    Go on Pat. Do it. Please.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    that is one of my most desired items - one o them crackers.
    Go on Pat. Do it. Please.

Rob
    LOL - may be we could get a group buy together....i'll look into it
    Pat B on alt.lasers

Visit My Site

laserman532 on ebay
    laserman532 on LPF

group buy....Im in. I will have em all!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk