Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: The big TEC driver thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    Hi mate. I have never used zeners for this type of application, rather a diode tied to VCC and current limit resistor (R101).
    In cases like this I prefer the zener current limmited with the 4k7 directing over voltage to gnd insted of the regulated VCC. Either will work but with going to VCC it may affect V-Reg..

Also, your circuit provides no control of the capacitor charge time constant. Are you considering your design as a current to voltage integrator? If so, the 4k3 would not be necessary as it's only function was to convert I to V.
    The 0.1u cap is only leveling out the signal (appears to be a standard solution on this bridge) and the 4k3 is still doing it's job of I to V.

I think the below is what is needed, I calculated the R/C time constant of R100/C100 for 0.022mS (PWM f / 2.5 = 40kHz).

Attachment 23799

What do you think?
    Since you're testing the hardware we will of course take the tested version.

cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarfire View Post
    In cases like this I prefer the zener current limmited with the 4k7 directing over voltage to gnd insted of the regulated VCC. Either will work but with going to VCC it may affect V-Reg..
    It's fairly standard practice to clamp to VCC. The series resistor limits the current to negligible amounts. It will only amount to a mA or 2 on the VCC rail.

I don't like zeners on small signal circuits, they have some C, their Vr breakdown is current dependent and they are not as fast as small silicon signal diodes.
    This space for rent.

Where I work we do current limiting/control via software for all our Cranes (Terex-Demag) without issues. Of course software bugs are a no go, but once tested and debuged I don't expect any problems down that line, unless someone screws around in the software and puts a bug in it.
    Where do you work? At my job, we have some Demag cranes (RBG's) as well as some Dambach cranes. (we are currently in the testing fase of 3 new Dambach ones )

V1.00 PCB's arived today which means I'll be plugging the holes later and tomorow one will be on the its way to sleepless in Australia.

cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by FourDee View Post
    Where do you work? At my job, we have some Demag cranes (RBG's) as well as some Dambach cranes. (we are currently in the testing fase of 3 new Dambach ones )
    I'm here in Zweibrücken, Germany at the Demag sector of Terex. We build AC tele's from 40 to 1000t, CC crawlers (single/twins) up to 1600t.

V1.00 PCB's arived today which means I'll be plugging the holes later and tomorow one will be on the its way to sleepless in Australia.

cheers!
    Cool.

Close timing. I will be working from China in just over 3 weeks.

Do you have a small TEC you can provide for testing also? Mine all start at 30W!
    This space for rent.

Cool.

Close timing. I will be working from China in just over 3 weeks.

Do you have a small TEC you can provide for testing also? Mine all start at 30W!
    Yeah, I've got a 15mm x 15mm 4W I'll send with..

Yeah, I've got a 15mm x 15mm 4W I'll send with..
    Thanks man. I want to ensure V1 PID is tuned accordingly....

A pleasure doing business with ya. all be it for non-profit which is a nice change! I get tired of designing for the lowest cost, scutinising every screw, resistor and chip for their worth.
    Last edited by dnar; 03-02-2011 at 05:52.
    This space for rent.

I get tired of designing for the lowest cost, scutinising every screw, resistor and chip for their worth.
    so, how about a special edition, gold plated bits and titanium parts????

it has been a pleasure for me, a mere viewer, watching you guys work this out (even if i had no idea what you were talking about)
    "its called character briggs..."

Ok.. here's a pic of the board. Next stop.. post office
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MCU TEC Controller Solar fire-n-ice V1.00.jpg  

Nice looking board... hope it works as
    good as it looks....
    (I can't see why not...)

Jerry
    See the LaserBee II and all other LaserBee LPM products here....
    All LaserBee Laser Power Meter Products

New 3.2Watt RS232/USB LaserBee II LPM REVIEW

Always in stock and ready to ship....
    Subsidary:-Pharma Electronic Solutions