PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 64bit + Winamp beat vis

Doc
03-15-2010, 05:48
I just picked up an i3 laptop with Windows 7 64bit O/S.

The machine is just for general web surfing, a bit of photo editing etc, but I thought I'd install LivePro and have it as a backup machine, just in case....

Every time I select the beat viz programme Winamp crashes, anybody know of a workaround?

shrad
03-15-2010, 06:10
32-bit compatibility mode maybe? I guess winamp visualisation plugins are not designed for 64 bit architectures

buffo
03-15-2010, 08:04
I think you need to have LivePro loaded first, before you launch the plug-in. I seem to remember this being an issue even on 32-bit operating systems.

Adam

Phredy1
03-16-2010, 04:43
I had similar problems with XP and Vista. In my case it turned out to be the newer version of Winamp causing the problem.

I found that Winamp 5.5 works good. I have it if you need it.

Gene

mccarrot
03-16-2010, 13:26
Windows 7 and pangolin got some issues.

Please contact Bill for a solution/workarround

Doc
03-19-2010, 16:13
Winamp 5.5 works, but it takes an age to load and to close.

But at least its working.

smogthemog
03-20-2010, 10:06
I had the same problem, I upgraded to Winamp Pro (paid for :)) and it cured it.

dzodzo
03-24-2010, 02:20
there is the "Windows XP mode" which is basically installing WinXP into virtual PC, i use it for running some Win7 incompatible applications but they're not resource hungry, so who knows if there would be any lags

or try the compatibility mode, there you can set compatibility for various Windows OS versions and service packs

Doc
03-24-2010, 04:45
Strangley the application would not run at all in any of the compatibility modes :confused:

infredible
08-22-2010, 00:18
After weeks of battling with Winamp on my Win7 64 barely working/freezing or crashing I found a funny cure:
Just download Winamp v2.95 from 2003! at http://www.oldversion.com/download_Winamp_2.95.html Yep, clean everything from your previous versions. Run it in as administrator and set the compatibility mode to Win XP service pack 2. It takes a little while to load the viz plugin but after that it works like a charm. I used the provided Nullsoft CD/Linein plugin using linein:// and bam! The only thing is that you have to choose what live input to use on your system because the micin:// doesn't work but with linein you get lineIn/CD/iTune,...ect or your webcam/system mic or both if you like, just set your options in you system pref.

Just make sure to choose the right option when asked if you have a LAN connection or a 56K modem :)
Enjoy.

Fred.

I just picked up an i3 laptop with Windows 7 64bit O/S.

The machine is just for general web surfing, a bit of photo editing etc, but I thought I'd install LivePro and have it as a backup machine, just in case....

Every time I select the beat viz programme Winamp crashes, anybody know of a workaround?