PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Pangolin under Windows 7



pelosh
05-05-2010, 13:14
Hi all.

I can't figure out why LD2000 and Showtime works, but when I try LivePro or TracIt it says that no QM2000 was detected... WTF?

3D Max plug-in has the same problem.

I spent like 6 hours trying to sort it out, but nothing!

Fiesta.NET installed in 2 minutes and works with no problems at all.

Any clues?

Thanks upfront.

Jem
05-05-2010, 13:18
Hi Martin

Have you contacted Pangolin directly?, they usually respond very quickly if you use the 'Contact' form on their website.

Jem

dsli_jon
05-05-2010, 14:05
Hi Martin -


Hi all.

I can't figure out why LD2000 and Showtime works, but when I try LivePro or TracIt it says that no QM2000 was detected... WTF?

Hmm. Well, I can't say I've tried it with Win7 - but, like a month-back, I was updating one of our older-older machines up-to LD2K v5.0 (ya know, from the website, and all..) and had a 'similar' issue... but in my case, neither LD2K or ST would 'see' the card, let-alone LivePro... it showed-up, just fine, under 'Device Manager' (was running Win2K on this really old-box, for a specific reason; don't need to get into why, here, etc ,etc...), but the thing I ended-up tracing it down-to, was the 'newest version' (what gets loaded with v5.0) of the QM2K '.inf' file...

Apparently, the 'newer' versionof the 'QM2000.inf' file has a slightly different 'wording', (I'm being nice... :) than older (v4.5, etc) , at the line:

"[QM2000.AddClassReg]" (what I believe has to do with the Registry....) ...well, the next line "HKR... " next has what I believe to be a string: "%QM2000.ClassName%" and this is exactly how it showed-up, under Windows Device Manager (which I thought was strange....)

So, I simply added "...=QM2000" after that 'string' (in other words, I changed it to: "%QM2000.ClassName%=QM2000") and saved those 'changes' to the .inf, rebooted, 're-installed' the card via Device Manager, and 'voila' - now, in 'Device Manager', it READS as "Pangolin" everything 'sees' the card / connects fine and is running v5 flawlessly. :cool:

Not sure what, in this 'scenario' is different under Win7, but I'm sure you can 'extrapolate'... ;)

Hope this helps...
cheers
j