PDA

View Full Version : What is a good camera for Lasers?

laserwinkel
05-10-2010, 02:17
Hey,

i am trying to photograph my lasers but it does not show up as in real life on the photos
the laser light seems less strong and it is hard to focus on the beams.

i currently have a Sony Super SteadyShot DSC-T100

what would be a good camera to make great laser pictures?

Best Regards,
Danny

andy_con
05-10-2010, 02:31
its not so much the camera but more how you use the camera.

i can get great laser pics on my fone camera

Lasermad
05-10-2010, 02:49
So whats the magic settings andy ... or do you put a spell on it !

PAUL

SrS
05-10-2010, 03:06
I have the same question. It looks very dim and when increasing exposure time, the photo gets blurry. But when I make a movie with the same camera it looks ok so it should be possible to get a nice clear photo.

andy_con
05-10-2010, 03:27
each camera is different so there isnt a magic settings.

Insanity
05-10-2010, 04:00
Having the camera on a tripod is always a good start...

Mark

andy_con
05-10-2010, 04:07
yes a tri pod is a must for laser photos.

i generally set my camera to a night setting, most of the night settngs on cameras work fine for lasers.

mixedgas
05-10-2010, 04:58
yes a tri pod is a must for laser photos.

i generally set my camera to a night setting, most of the night settngs on cameras work fine for lasers.

We used some Sony camcorders at my former lab (TRV-20) The DSPs in some Sony do not like periodic strobing in the image, and will tend to move their shutter settings so they are not looking at repeating strobing. Try night mode or adjusting the scene contrast downward a by having something large, dimly uniformly lit behind the scanners, ie a led par can uniformly lighting a sheet from behind. Other then fiddling with the camera's software, there are no secrets.

Steve

Steve

andy_con
05-10-2010, 05:11
what i also tend to do is turn the power of the projector down, having it on full power can over come a camera in a small spaces