PDA

View Full Version : QuckShow 4 not working.

Wolf
01-28-2019, 23:44
Greetings to people!
I got an update for Pangolin QS 4 software and cannot be started from now on because FB3 initialization stops the boot process. The green LED on the controller then turns yellow and the program exits. I don't get the workspace and the home page. When I install a workspace with a QS 3 laser beam output, the software is incomplete for some reason. The latest version of QS 4 was a pleasure for Windows XP, so it's a very annoying shortage. What can cause such a problem?
Greeting: Istvan

White-Light
01-29-2019, 00:45
I suggest you uninstall QuickShow and re-install from scratch using a full installer found on the Pangolin downloads page. You can always upgrade to a later version not yet on the website using the built in updater (I'm presuming this has been ported to QS from Beyond as I haven't opened QS in a long time).

If this doesn't cure it, then contact Alexey @ Pangolin.

I wouldn't be concerned by the yellow light. A steady yellow is normal when the FB3 is connected and the App is started. The normal lights are steady green - connected to USB, steady yellow connected + App running. The manual contains a list of the fault status lights, but steady yellow is normal. So it looks as if this is an App issue rather than a hardware issue. Most likely cause is some kind of App corruption on the last upgrade.

Wolf
01-29-2019, 01:30
I suggest you uninstall QuickShow and re-install from scratch using a full installer found on the Pangolin downloads page. You can always upgrade to a later version not yet on the website using the built in updater (I'm presuming this has been ported to QS from Beyond as I haven't opened QS in a long time).

If this doesn't cure it, then contact Alexey @ Pangolin.

I wouldn't be concerned by the yellow light. A steady yellow is normal when the FB3 is connected and the App is started. The normal lights are steady green - connected to USB, steady yellow connected + App running. The manual contains a list of the fault status lights, but steady yellow is normal. So it looks as if this is an App issue rather than a hardware issue. Most likely cause is some kind of App corruption on the last upgrade.

Thanks for the quick response!
I've uninstalled inactive software and folders several times. I installed the latest version of Pangolin, but the problem remained unchanged.

norty303
01-29-2019, 03:57
I would drop Pangolin support a line.
Have you checked that Windows XP is still a supported OS?

Wolf
01-31-2019, 03:21
I would drop Pangolin support a line.
Have you checked that Windows XP is still a supported OS?

Helló!

Today, on a Windows 10 computer, it worked perfectly with the QS 4 / FB3 system. So now I'm calm because the controller isn't bad. XP no longer prefers, it's time to buy a new Win10 notebook.

Thanks!

Greetings: Stephen