PDA

View Full Version : Iomega cables ????

MechEng3
09-17-2007, 14:04
I found a few of these brand cables for zip drives and was in question if they were suitable for ILDA cables. I have not checked them with a meter as for the pinouts being parallel or if it has a shielded ground. I am sure they would be fine seeing they are in the computer data transfer arena. Any help or suggestions ??? Any one using them ? They can be baught cheap if they will work.

buffo
09-18-2007, 07:34
I found a few of these brand cables for zip drives and was in question if they were suitable for ILDA cables. I have not checked them with a meter as for the pinouts being parallel or if it has a shielded ground. I am sure they would be fine seeing they are in the computer data transfer arena. Any help or suggestions ??? Any one using them ? They can be baught cheap if they will work.
They will work, but you might need a gender changer on one end. I brought an IOMEGA zip drive cable to SELEM, and someone (Aaron maybe?) borrowed it for a while to test something. Fortunately, I had a gender changer with me, so I attached it to the cable and let them use it. It was only 3 feet long, so it was a bit impractical for use as an ILDA cable, but if you got one that was longer it would work just fine.

Adam

Dr Laser
09-18-2007, 15:45
Any cables with ground shield will do.