PDA

View Full Version : 2 projectors 1 fb3

oliverst14@hotmail.com
01-27-2009, 18:21
hi all

im wanting to run 2 projectors from 1 fb3 with the ability to switch the x axis on one of them so the image is mirrored. this will give much better shows. i also want to be able to switch it back to the correct way easily for doing graphics shows.
is this possible and if so can someone help me achieve this

thanks alot

ollie :D

dave
01-27-2009, 18:58
Perhaps the easiest way to do it would be to use the differential output board for the FB3.. Then is simply a matter of swapping the x+ and x- wires at the projector to invert the image :)

p1t8ull
01-28-2009, 01:19
One easy way to add flipper function is to wire in a DPDT switch :)

oliverst14@hotmail.com
01-28-2009, 09:09
thanks dave im looking for a way to swap it over without having to rewire as i want to be boing a laser show then a visual show at the same event so i need a way of swapping it over quickly

im think of doing the switch but not sure how that works i thought a double pole double throw switch was like this. (ignore the writing)

norty303
01-28-2009, 12:19
You can make up a db25 connector box and add switches to that.

Say 1 in 3 out, so you have room for expansion later, and put an X and Y reverse switch on each set of outputs.

I asked some similar questions (reversing non-differential scanners and ILDA switched distro box) to this a few months back so if you search through my recent threads it should turn up the responses. I went so far as to permanently add an op-amp circuit as I didn't have a differential board for my FB3 (so reversing +ve and -ve on the ilda connector didn't work) but I subsequently got a differential board from Pangolin, which is by far the most suitable solution, along with a switch box.