First Annual SouthEast Laser Enthusiasts Meeting
Ok - maybe the title of this post is a bit premature, but there definitely seems to be some interest in having a get-together for laserists on the East coast.
Several destinations have been kicked around, but based on the Frapper data it seems like Atlanta, GA would be a pretty good place to start.
Several people have also requested that we schedule this in the Summer so it won't conflict with the school year.
So, with the above in mind, I propose a meeting in Atlanta this summer over the weekend of June 17th and 18th. I don't know much about the city (only been there twice), but Spec surely would be able to suggest several locations were we could get together.
I'm thinking something along the lines of a conference room or ball room at a hotel. We can collect an attendance fee in advance from everyone, and that will pay for the meeting room. Guests can choose to stay at the hotel, or stay elsewhere with friends or family.
Comments? Suggestions? Other ideas? Come on people, let's do this!
Re: First Annual SouthEast Laser Enthusiasts Meeting
I like the title, sounds official. As such: it must be done ;)
Im definitely game! That weekend looks good.
Im partial to the Atlanta location... I dont really like Atlanta but its damn sure local, i would have an easier time transporting the toys... all of them.
I will look into hotels in a decent neighborhood with adequate ballroom space, no windows and no problems with foggers/hazers being used.
Usually when organizing get togethers hotels cut deals on rooms... I will definately look into that.
Its a bit early but I think it would be nice to have a Photondream16, Pangolin,Alphalite, and other such dacs set up for testing/comparison... I dont think thats ever been done before: even at an ILDA conference...
I'll bring the bar with me... got about 50 bottles of stuff and mixers in my personal home bar and enough scotch to placate even the most demading native...
Lets all figure this one out. Even if we dont accomplish a damned thing, could be fun ;)