Just finishing up an open source game of Asteroids for Ether Dream
Hey everybody! I'm sorry I haven't posted any updates since soliciting your help for building/purchasing a laser projector. Long story short, I bought a 30K projector built by Chad and Jacob's Ether Dream DAC. Both of them have been amazing in the help that they've given to me. I can't thank them enough.
So, here's my first application for the Ether Dream: Laser Asteroids. I've been programming it for a 48-hour "game jam" competition held by my university, and technically the event isn't quite over yet. (And the game needs a lot of polish.)
I'd like to see if this game will run on other projectors. Obviously you'll need to have an Ether Dream. Be aware that since I'm new to this, I'm not sure if it's putting too much work on the galvos. This is my first real project I'm programming on the laser projector, so it's not as sophisticated as some of the stuff I want to get into (leveraging OpenGL/CUDA, Canny/Sobel algorithms, etc.)
I'd love comments/critiques. Any patches will graciously be accepted after tonight.
Oh, and the game is MIT-licensed. I wanted to put it out there so people could have fun with it if they wanted. Cheers, everyone! :)
Edit: and here's a video.