-
Mgl-h-532 + dt-30
Hey guys, im thinking of getting a pair of green projectors with MGL-H-532, 1000mW from winni using dt30 scanners and i was wondering if anyone has video's or pics of these in action or any other information that i should know of? Maybe a review?
Another thing, i heard these used to be over spec? How much can i get out from it if lucky?
-
I have 3 of those heads....Im sure their power has come down a bit since i got them but they all came brand new running really hot....
1.8W
1.7W
1.5W
-
Nice, are you happy with the beam quality and do you think the over spec would affect the lifetime of the heads?
Any chance you have videos or pics of them in action? Im damn close to get them but i would to see what they are capable of before buying :)
-
Yeah, I'm definitely happy with them...I have put hundreds of hours on them without any problems :)
Here's a video from last weekend with all 3 heads and Skrillex :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMtswFdtxfU
-
and here's ZEDD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NLcN09_W6WQ
only difference is im using DT40 Pro's and the center is DT40 Pro Wide....Im not using DT30's
-
awesome!! :D i guess it will be well spent money!!
-
@KGB, just another quick question :) Do you know how well does these greenies work with Pangolins BAM?
cheers
-
I read somewhere on this forum that when the laser modulation is 2Khz ,the laser output is just 30%. Is this true?
And is there any easy way to get that CNI head in TTL mode without rewire the projector?
-
BAM works just fine... not sure if there is an easy way to make ttl
-
I received one such unit from winni today (mgl-h 1watt)
I get 1,2 watts max out of it, 1,7mrad of divergence (5mm at 1 meter away, 20mm at 10 meters away), and a fairly linear response up to 4.5 volts modulation input.
4.5 and 5 volts modulation input have no difference at all in terms of power output
1.5 volts modulation is unstable and tends to go to from 80mw to almost zero in less than a minute, so the usable range is 1.5-4.5 volts
Power stability was fine, at least to the check I did leaving the laser on for one hour and checking it every 10 minutes one run at 5volts modulation and another run at 3volt modulation
I don't have "fast" equipment or an o-scope to catch real time modulation performance. All I can do is reduce the scanned size of the lasermedia test patern to almost a dot and measure it (for what it's worth). I say the lasermedia test pattern because it appears brighter than other standard test frames, so you can sort of set a ceiling there