Melles Griot / Laser Power RS232 protocol?
Ended up with two Laser Power branded DPSS lasers. They're similar in form and shape to the Melles Griot, as MG bought the company out.
Just read the laser faq on these.
They spin up but no output, emission indicator goes red and PSU seems happy. Haven't tested actual diode or TEC DC output yet.
I hooked up a db9 serial cable to the unit and ran the Melles Griot software, but it never connects to the units. I've tried all baud rates.
My serial cable is nulled, so I've tried it both with the cable and with the USB dongle plugged straight into the unit (providing a non-null cable.) Neither work.
Opened PuTTY in serial mode, shorted pins 2 and 3 on the DB9 RS232 to USB dongle and loopback is working.
Does anyone know if the Laser Power branded (early era) units work with the Melles Griot Windows software?
The laser FAQ stated that some units didn't have RS232, but the port is on the front and there is a MAX chip inside.
Any hints appreciated! Such sexy lasers.