Laser projector combined with video projector image??
Greetings Photonlexicon– hoping this is the right place to pose such a dumb question... can anyone offer some advice/experience/links/threads to the notion of combining a laser projector (RGB, ILDA controlled) image with a video projector (3000+ lumens, vga/hdmi)??
Slowly searching eBay for the right RGB laser projector offering, plan to get an EtherDream DAC and control it via own programming (w/ help of great libraries). Furthermore, I'm really interested to see what's possible when combining a video projected image with laser highlights 1:1 over it.. ie, solid shapes are rendered on the video projector and strokes/edges/highlights are done via laser for contrast/pop effect.
I've tried googling such random phrases as 'laser projector combined with video projector image' and a handful of other keywords, but constantly run into one camp of tech or the other.. not to mention the growing line of home projectors with laser tech. Is there an obvious word I'm missing for what this might be called or how to really isolate the two techs, yet together? Any tips you've got would be most welcome, thanks!