Originally Posted by
Yol8r
I know them. Their laser projector design is based on some experimental projector build by I believe a soviet scientist. If my memory serves me right it doesn't use polygonal rotating mirrors but rather an electric magnet bending a thin sheet of metal with a mirror attached to it.
The projector is monochrome. RGB is achieved by placing 3 projectors next to each other and using I think a VJ program to align the outputs of each projector. This can be very hard to do as the surface projected onto gets less flat, to a point where it can be impractical. Anyone who has done video mapping with stacked video projectors knows what I mean.
Resolution is poor, 320x240 or less, not usable for real videos but not useless either.
They can build and sell you one if you contact them, but the price last time I checked was $30K-$40K.
In summary unless you want to project a low quality video very far it isn't worth it, more expensive than both video projectors and galvo laser projectors. It's bright but not so bright to blow away video projectors at that price range as they imply.
If I was them I would sell the design. I think I'd be better off than occasionally providing this as a service or building and selling a unit to someone.
But they are talented individuals and good at marketing their products, I'll give them that.