Videoprojector solutions, choose hardware and software
Hi all, and thank you for help, support and being interested to this topic. Please apologize if I will ask again for solutions that are already present in the forum, it looks for me difficult to find them all.
After evaluating the laser safety issues ( I decided to approach the safer Emu-laser to fully audience scan but it's not the only reason, the projector will be useful also for an open-air summer cinema.
Dealing with parameteres to achieve both results isn't easy, and I hope to count on your experience for guessing a right choice, keeping the budget low if possible, evaluating pros and versus.
1. According to puroposes the Projector should be at least a 720p, perfect a 1080p, higher resolutions aren't necessary.
2. The open space cinema in Saint Petersburg is possible only during the summer time, means white nights having place. Anyway the location is in a private parking place behind the restaurant, delimited on all sides with high buildings (around 35 meters) that will limit the quantity of light and guarantee a completely absence of sun/direct light, also the external lights wil be switched off. It won't be dark, and I understand would be better to measure the enviroment light quantity before ask you some paramenters, I will. The screen will be obtained by a large wall painted white, in the darkest area. I suppose that a 10.000 lumen would do the job
Lumens and contrast are relevant parameters to evaluate, unfortunately they are proportionally inversed (more lumens means less contrast if the price stay the same), and even proportionally relevant inversed between the two purposes I'm looking for deal.. the cinema considering the "not dark" environment will better take advance of lumen (I'll never have a perfect black), the laser will need a perfect black to appear cool.
I would buy something around 2000-3000€, then I would kindly ask you how many lumens you can consider enough for about 5 meters diagonal, and how much contrast I should not exceed (in low values) for not compromise the Emulaser.
To evaluate a bit myself I would need to know the specifications of video and laser projectors showed in these videos, somebody can help? Thank you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DE0P8gIfv4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbo5YimzE-M
In both of them it doesn't look all the sequences are the same 100%, somebody can confirm it?
SOFTWARE:
I would kindly ask also which software you suggest me, I suppose there are some around, I need to find something that let me regulate how the laser manage the .ild files, at least load quickly the effects.
As I'm using DMX for driving scanners and all other effects (Lightjockey) I need something able to receive commands, they can be eventually MIDI, or Artnet..
I found one software which some people describe better then others:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIApFmsemNY
Also here would be nice the specs of projector.
Thank you a lot!