what exaaaaactly does 30000 pps mean...?
i know it's a speed for how fast your galvos can move.
i know it stands for pixels per second.
i'm slowly coming to terms with point optimization so your galvos aren't spending all their time just freaking out - maximum segment length, dwell and stuff.
Buuut 30000 pps... what EXACTLY is meant by a pixel? EtherDream coordinates are usually in the range of 0..65535 (or -12768..12767, whatever) for x and y.
But I am pretty dang sure my laser doing 30000pps will take WAY less than a second to draw a line along one of borders (32768 pixels, right??)
So what exactly is a "pixel" in pps ?
And is there any GOOD SOLID fully formed docs on point optimization so my dang squares quit lookin like circles?
i (also) get that you wanna split super long lines up into a maximum segment length. I got the trig for that done. I get there should be multiple points at the and of a line so the galvo can stabilize. But not so many that the point outshines the line...
But I really could use some help with that optimization stuff. Any links round here you guys got?
Thanks muchooo.
...Steve