I thought I'd share my over-engineered FB3 box. I made this back in September, crunching for a show I had booked in Seattle. I tried to leave room for the DMX port, but I doubt it will fit. I chose this enclosure since everything else at Fry's and Norvac was ugly. I imagine I'll put the FB3 in something else sooner or later. Perhaps I can find similar extruded aluminum that's just a little bigger.
Included here are a few pictures that should do most of the talking. Do note the two mini DC fans. Bill at Pangolin kindly explained that cooling wasn't necessary, but I put them in there anyway since I like fans. They work REALLY well. So well in fact, that if there's fog or anything else in the air, they CAKE the FB3 with it. -I disabled them for now.
I figure I'll put a resistor on them one of these days and wire them back up so they do something besides look neat.
Here are the pictures. I figured I'd just do a chronological pictorial ending with the end product.
:

