Not eBay, but someone on LPF works at a hospital and they're (the hospital that is) selling a Laserscope 800 with a starting bid of $30.00.
https://www.slapsale.com/1-laserscop...to_description
Printable View
Not eBay, but someone on LPF works at a hospital and they're (the hospital that is) selling a Laserscope 800 with a starting bid of $30.00.
https://www.slapsale.com/1-laserscop...to_description
Laserscope Orion Cavity, Lamp and YAG Rod: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yag-laser-...IAAOSw9GhYkyki
ALE PSU (presumably from the same stripped Orion): http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yag-Laser-...oAAOSwopRYhh9T
The ALE is indeed from the same laser; he also has (or had) a Q switch and driver for sale.
I already have the KTP and oven from it ;)
The seller is a nice honest guy, I always pick up from him as he's just up the road from me.
Likewise. I always leave his place with more than I came for .. and a considerable discount vs. ebay.
I am not convinced this is actually has any krypton in it, but its reasonably cheap at least http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Light-...-/232255239714
:cat:
Dunno ...that yellow looks very yellow for just argon...maybe just slightly over-pressure or wrong optics for white, low filament current, or even just missing Brewster covers, .... difficult to tell ! >:)
Either way the suggested alignment technique is pretty crude to say the least, and also sounds like the light feedback circuit is kaput!
Cheers :)
Its a krypton-argon mix with yellow-blue optics. Alc made a few of them for scanning microscopes. They do 18-20 mW of two lines when new.... Designed to do 568 and 488 and nothing else... So much for RGB, would do Red with an optics change.
~
One of my first projects with a gas laser was to make a Krypton 60X.. I and my partner got 80 mW of multimode red, or 20 mW of TEM00 yellow-blue. This was in the days pre-diode, so for a dome show, or small indoor show, the red was needed. So I know very well what that tube is doing... The internal gas returns are too small for stable RGB or RYB.. We had the optics and we tried.
~
If the light feedback is out, a 2N2222 and a Opamp in the laser head likely need replaced. Manual starting, well, that is usually a mod wired in by a tech who cant find a suitable replacement SCR... The 4444 Scr is quite rare... From the pics, it definitely needs it's Brewster windows cleaned...
~
Steve
:cat:
That kind of puts the dots on the i's ! >:)
Steve, I really like your detailed long distance diagnostics !Attachment 51850
Cheers :)
Here's a great vintage laser pointer from Kodak, from just before diodes took over the application. Already one in the VLA. http://www.ebay.com/itm/KODAK-EKTALI...wAAOSw32lY2lCh