Got mine from technologytreasures on Ebay
Printable View
Got mine from technologytreasures on Ebay
Ditto
Pins I have identified
Please note that I am far from an EE, but will do what I can.
1-No Connection
2
3
4
5-Ground
6
7
8- V+
9-No Connection
Will trace out some more after Mother's day dinner
Noticed the polygon scanner on the Photonlexicon home page is the same one Included in this module.
Laser-ad could you E-mail me the datasheet for the driver chip?
jskrebs@direcway.com
yeah, you snatched the last one right out of my hands . I was in contact with the guy for shipping costs, and when we finished discussing it, I went and tried to get it. You beat me by 5 mins :P . Nice timing :wink:Quote:
Got mine from technologytreasures on Ebay
Anyway, no harm done, it turns out the guy had one last module and agreed to send it to me :wink:
In case you mean the datasheet for the laser driver chip, here's the link where I got it fromQuote:
Laser-ad could you E-mail me the datasheet for the driver chip?
http://www.ortodoxism.ro/datasheets/...on/mXurwqw.pdf
Sorry about that... If i had of only known, i would have let you have it.... BUT now i have it.. So NA NA NA NA... ;) Just Joking..... Im glad he had one more for you!
Once it gets here, i will see if i can get it going!
Traced a bit more and refered to the data sheet
1- Ground
2 -Data in - Ground to pulse or hold laser full on up to 20 Mbps??
3- Laser enable ground
4- No Connection
5- Ground
6- Not really sure seems to be some sort of an output
7- Ground
8- V+
9- No Connection
Still unsure of the exact function of the 2 trim pots.
Once I secure a 5V supply I'll hook er up
Those trim posts are likely to limit pulse width and power level on the laser. Power output is likely going to be less than 5 milliwatts if it still works.
Best to get a more powerful laser since you won't really notice much with such a low power device.
Rick
No Doubt, but it's fun to tinkerQuote:
Best to get a more powerful laser since you won't really notice much with such a low power device.
Should work I believe it's new old stock
Yeah, He said its never been hooked up, Just on the shelve...Im gonna hit it with 500MW and see what happens!
You know, there's an easy way of getting a 5v power supply, just use a LM7805 or such power regulator. Just a couple of capacitors to filter spikes and that's it. Just a thought :wink: .Quote:
Once I secure a 5V supply I'll hook er up
You mean 500ma?, if so, I'd recomend starting at something more like 30 ma, just to be safe. I'm pretty sure you'll blow the diode if you use 500ma.Quote:
Im gonna hit it with 500MW and see what happens!
I have an idea. Start at 30ma and increase the current until you blow the diode, then tell us all what current you reached, so we don't blow ours :lol: . Just kidding, of course.