Yeah, it's plenty of blue, I was just looking for a less purple/violet shade of blue .. more like 460nm-ish.
Printable View
Yeah, it's plenty of blue, I was just looking for a less purple/violet shade of blue .. more like 460nm-ish.
I see three options:
Cheap way: Mix in some 532
Medium prized way: Get some 450-452nm binned diodes instead
Expensive way: Mix in some 473
/Thomas
Cheap way; Done.
Medium way; I wish I knew where ??
Expensive way.. I have a 473 80mw .. just too big for my current build and it's down on power (I believe a common problem w 473s) .. plus not enough power, and you're right, way too expensive for higher powers,
.. and another way .. gas ion .. got 2.. way too big and power hungry :)
Thx for the input Thomas !
Cheers!
I agree with the cheep way. The medium way: I have energized upwards of 40 of these and in all of those there have been zero dead ( at first ), a few funky/distorted far field patterns that I put in a " when you want to poop balloons drawer", but no visually distinct color variations. The monochromator spread of the ones I have measured has been within 5 nm.
Wow, within 5 nm .. I guess the myth of the "special-ones" is just that .. :) Thx Planters.
ps- "poop baloons" .. rofling on the floor right now .. http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/ugh.gif