so, being the sort of ignorant fool that i am ( :) ), how is the new moncha in terms of live performance?
anyone with experience wants to try and make it a bit simpler?
and indeed the combo with LSX makes it very very appealing
Printable View
so, being the sort of ignorant fool that i am ( :) ), how is the new moncha in terms of live performance?
anyone with experience wants to try and make it a bit simpler?
and indeed the combo with LSX makes it very very appealing
moncha is not designed for live performance but is sufficient for basic purposes using live (changing scale, position, brightness, speed or scanspeed) but i don't have experience with controlling it via DMX as in the video - that's something i wanted from the start and now it seems it's there
With the new update, I think it adds a lot to the live performance, the laser matrix allows for some awesome modulations if you set it up right, I've got it to flip the X, Y, and Z axis's just like you can do it quickshow and all of that.
Nvm about what I had originally posted here in this space, changed my mind because I forgot about a the "quick FX" section in quickshow, but I will say that you can create most of these effects in the cue itself.
Also the new software works perfect with the old USB Devices! and it also works with multiple USB devices too! when you select multiple device ouptups just select which one you want for that output, each seems to have a different serial number type of thing. I plan on writing that number on my Devices.
Pic!
Attachment 33695
And for the matrix movements, here are a few examples that i have made that can be really usefull
Attachment 33696
About Fiesta for live (don't know Moncha but should not be much different) : it's not that bad, but compared to Livepro or Beyond it lacks some important things for live performance, particularly something like QuickFX.
Actually it offers a full MIDI control, channels, speed, framerate and all you would need for standard live performance, but some tools for easy and quick manipulation of the effects being displayed is really missing, for more creativity and not being under the impression to "do always the same effects".
But I'm really waiting on Matrix for Fiesta which will be incredibly powerful especially with multiple lasers! Something like delayed rotation, zoom etc easily added between your different lasers, which looks very great on a live performance.
Well I know, I should have said Matrix effects WITHOUT the physical Matrix device >:) As the usefullness of the device is limited if you have less than 5-6 lasers for a show...
I believe there will still be some voluntary limitations with Moncha compared to Fiesta as the first one is the entry-level cheaper software... How many devices can you control with Moncha?