Thomann was great helping me source my tour hazer. They setup my account for me and communicated every step of the way. I would have zero issue ordering from them again.
Thomann was great helping me source my tour hazer. They setup my account for me and communicated every step of the way. I would have zero issue ordering from them again.
Hey Sir Randy -
This is PL... if it's just for 'lightweight home use' - DIY, Man! :p ie: Go to Lowes / Home Derpo / ACE, whatever, and getcha a piece of 90˚ Schedule 80 - ONLY - (the grey stuff..) PVC, in a diameter that will slide over yer stand-pole (likely 1 1/2" (?), Or, any 'adapter insert' that you might have for speakers, etc..
..Then, you can simply use a pipe-clamp / shim (for smaller than 2" dia. pipe) to mount yer PJ, via it's yoke / slide 'closer / farther from the bend', to balance for weight, etc.. If you've not got a pipe-clamp that will work, just use a 5/16" bolt / nut thru a drilled-hole, in the 'room-side' of the El, and adjust for balance, etc.. To accomodate for any down-flex from the weight, you can slowly 'soften' the PVC w/ a prop. torch / flame spreader (careful of fumes! :) and 'open the El-bend' a bit..
..I've used this 'PVC pipe' + ratchet-straps technique for making outdoor 'Bounce Mirror Trees' for hard-to-mount-to posts (like fluted building columns, etc..) Works great, and the Sched 80 is both 'tough-enough' / resists flexing, and quick to mod / drill mount-holes, etc, as-needed.. :cool:
Again, not a 'for Pro use' suggestion, but.. Trust me, will be FINE for lightweight / home use.. Paint it black, and everyone will be like 'Wow, where'd you get that awesome PJ-mount??' :)
fwiw... :cool:
j
Interesting idea Jon -
And definitely the least expensive - and most readily available - of any of the options I've looked at so far!
How much weight have you been able to support with this method?
The PII projector I might need to support weighs in at around 31 lbs...
I've had up to 6x 8" heavy-duty Mirs (3x Up, 3x Down..) - on a ~28" 'extension arm' (fused to the El-end..) - with zero feeling of 'Eek, this is sketchy' / might break.. So, in-close to the El, you should be fine.. Finding the right 'balance point' will be important, but... You should be able to 'experiment' quickly / easily, and certainly inexpensively.. (..but, I might suggest experimenting over a couple mattresses.. :p
j
:cat:
Attachment 47565 No sex here please ... some of us are British ! Attachment 47566
Cheers :)
:cat:
You're forgetting .... I'm an OLD geezer. *vigil
From: "Wiki" *retardo
"No Sex Please, We're British is a British farce written by Alistair Foot and Anthony Marriott, which premiered in London's West End on 3 June 1971.[1] It was unanimously panned by critics, but played to full houses until 1987 at three different theatres (the Strand, the Garrick and the Duchess), totalling 6,761 performances."
Attachment 47569 However:
"It did not share the same success with American audiences, running for only 16 performances on Broadway in early 1973." :(
So I will forgive your higorants ! >:)
Cheers :)
PS. Tea has approximately 3 x amount of soluble caffeine than propa coffee (café solo- no agua chirli yanki !) quite apart from the thanine !
So yeah, U could consider it a kind of prehistoric viagra. :cool:
:cat:
Attachment 47584 Touché :o
Attachment 47583 I find that old CRT tube swivel and tip thingamejigs on a "tophat" speaker tripod work great, they give enough "tip" to work anywhere.
Cheers :)