Definitely. Wow so 13 years of hosting this particular lem?
Printable View
I was messing around with an animation program on my note 4 and thought up of a kind of mascot for this years SELEM. It's probably too childish and silly but I'll post it anyway. Click to play.
Attachment 55459
Attachment 55460
Definitely entertaining.
Yup. The first one was in 2007. Still the same venue today. Although we have expanded a bit over the years. :rolleyes:
The first one only had 23 people in attendance, and we had just 5 hours to setup on Friday, then 14 hours of SELEM fun on Saturday, with just 10 hours on Sunday for a bit more fun plus the load-out. Total cost that first year was only $500 for the venue.
Now we're running from Tuesday through Sunday, with 11 hours for setup Tuesday and 9 hours for load-out on Sunday, and 14 to 16 hours of SELEM fun each day from Wednesday through Saturday. Oh yeah, and upwards of 80 people in total when you count both the registered laserists and all the guests.
We've also rented out two extra buildings to have more space. And we usually do an outdoor laser show for the town after SELEM ends. But the cost has also gone up. (Venue costs alone have ballooned to $4600, and then there's shirts, food, door prizes, etc on top of that.)
Adam
How about this one?
Attachment 55531
Attachment 55532
Attachment 55533
Attachment 55534
Getting there! I like the incorporation of the NC state outline. Now we need some lasers...
Adam
Any ideas what to add?
Maybe along these lines?
Attachment 55543
Or
Attachment 55546
Maybe set the beam origin to where Newton is on the map, and then fan out from there? Dunno... But it's definitely looking better.
Anyone else have any ideas?
Adam
Attachment 55552
Shows location. I'm sorry I can't give exactly what you are looking for. I'm not a professional and I'm using an outdated 2004 flash program haha