FYI for anyone looking for the Startech extender -
I just picked up the updated version (USB2004EXT2NA) for $329 on Amazon Prime.
They're still showing a couple available.
Printable View
FYI for anyone looking for the Startech extender -
I just picked up the updated version (USB2004EXT2NA) for $329 on Amazon Prime.
They're still showing a couple available.
Since going rackmount, I have not had any problems and it keeps everything together, nice and tidy
I love SKB racks. Sadly, I had to retire mine as I needed more room. I ended up with a carpeted Odyssey rack. I also use a 19" touchscreen monitor.Quote:
The server case is housed in the bottom 4 slots of an SKB 1SKB-R106, with the upper two slots being taken up by an Advanced ILDA Router and an Echo Layla 24/96 that has been modified for ILDA output. On the slanted top I have a 19" touchscreen monitor mounted flat along the slant, and there is room for a keyboard immediately below the monitor.
Attachment 58982
Attachment 58982
Same with mine! That's why I mounted casters on the bottom. It changed the name of the game for me!Quote:
I absolutely love this case, but I will admit that it's awfully damned heavy.
EDIT: Not sure why that posted the pic twice. Not sure how to remove it. Oh well.