Screw surface mount; I want it integrated with diode cans. 8-)
Printable View
Screw surface mount; I want it integrated with diode cans. 8-)
Funny thing, I just got a few Lasorbs and to my surprise one of them (4blue) is contrary to the data sheet.
I was quite sure the LD is dead, but retried without Lasorb and it did lase. Then after some iterative debugging I found this miscased/mislabeled whiteish bug :D
So in my case the pdf definitivity factor falls closer to 66% ;)
Piotr.K
http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...1&d=1252815756
Sorry I thought this pic just had to be here (a Kvant 1.2W red from this thread: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8849). Thank you Kvant for including lasorbs in your products!
-Adam
Does anyone know what kind of diodes they use in those nice setups ?
I don't think it's mislabeled per se.
We can't see the back of it, but I believe this particular one would have the "small triangle" on it rather than the letter A as we have done with newer ones.
In any event, the datasheet itself makes no reference to any markings, because these might change from run to run. The datasheet DOES make reference to a particular orientation which will not change.
If you have LASORB lying on its back, you will notice that the pins are either "up" or "down". When the pins are "up", then the LDA is the pin on the right.
There was one run that Ante did where the laser markings were "down" whereas most of the runs we have done have the laser markings "up". (In fact, now that I look at the picture that someone put up of this KVANT system, this too has small triangle on the down side as opposed to A on the up side.)
It's unfortunate, but, as I wrote, the datasheet itself makes no reference to markings -- only to an orientation. The only reliable method of determining polarity is by using the "orientation".
Bill