Parts arrived, did a quick and dirty setup for the Osram PLTB450
I am using Jordan's 405nm-445nm AR Coated Three Element Glass Lens for the collimator
Note: The diode orientation that I use is with the stripe horizontal
NF results (before prism pair):
10mm from aperture: 1.3mm x 5mm
60mm from aperture: 1.5mm x 5mm
As for far field, I wasn't able to test much simply because I don't have the room inside and I didn't get a chance to run this outside. I wanted to get a 20m test, but that will have to wait for tomorrow. For now, using Dave's anamorphic prism pair, at 20' (yes, feet) the beam was slightly squared off, but I had to look at it through goggles before I could tell that it was squared off. At 20' the beam was 4mm and looked really tight. Like I said, tomorrow I am going to run it 20m and measure and take some pics. Looks like we'll still need to correct these, but from what I could see, they look damn good corrected and the best we are going to get for graphics... for now.
Attachment 34745