a more friendly sign:
Printable View
a more friendly sign:
I thing that you need to include the official iso logo .. this one: *warn
'Ordinary prescription spectacles' can include high-magnification (convex) lenses, prescribed for people with long sight (Hypermetropia). These will increase beam strength significantly, depending on the degree of correction. Surely all MPE measurements become totally irrelevant if you are doing audience scanning and even one member of the audience is wearing such spectacles? Has ILDA even thought of this as a problem? Any research? Could there be scope for banning long-sighted people from laser shows in the same way that epileptics should avoid strobe lighting? More questions than answers...
Isn't the point of prescription spectacles that the vision and the ulitmate result on the retina of the person wearing them will be (close to) identical to somebody who has perfect vision.
I don't think they pose a problem for the retina. The cornea maybe, but I'm no expert on that matter ...
Yes, the correction should be the combination of the subject's own lens in their eye plus the specs - however, this is only true when they are aligned properly. How about if the laser beam enters from an angle? I've known people whose lenses look like massive magnifying glasses, so much so that they have to take extra care not to get burnt around their eyes on a sunny day!
(incidentally, long sighted people often only need specs for reading and will not be wearing then at an event anyway - but how about bifocals? Also, long sight largely affects people over 50 - what's the average age of a lasershow audience?) Perhaps signage needs to include something to warn longsighted people to remove their eyewear?
Whaddya reckon? :D:D:D
Those people would not notice eye damage anyway, so don't care.
I had a discussion before with Greg Makhov about good (or bad) vision having affect, but he says this is very small factor.
I also found out LASER warning signs differ much from European and US.
I have made a European style version:
Wat do you think about it?
Would it not make more sense to you to make the sign in the language of the country you are going to use it?
I am not 100% sure, but I think it is even mandatory in the Dutch law....
Yes, I also have a Dutch version of this sign, but when discussing the general text and layout of this sign it make more sense to do it in English becouse most people dont understand dutch here.