Great to read this!
Now i am like an children on christmas time. -> Can't wait to unpack and test them.:)
Printable View
Great to read this!
Now i am like an children on christmas time. -> Can't wait to unpack and test them.:)
My setup is ready for 4 times blue. I know exactly how i should stack the beams so hopefully within a few weeks i can show my setup.*retardo
Looks fantastic ! Glad to finally get a couple lasers finished up and see what it looks like scanned and mixed with 642nm. Thanks again !!! Request for beam pix at a distance when you get time....but please send them out ... beam and spot data.
I will probably be interested in 3 sets if you do another run.
After a marathon re-wrap session all prisms that needed sending went out either this morning or this afternoon so look out for postie with a little white jiffy bag with your name on it :cool: If you chose DHL I'll PM the tracking info through soon.
Oh and open the plastic boxes over something soft, just in case.. they are obviously wrapped up but hard floors and BK7 are not 100% compatible!
@ Allthat, next time be an early bird and get your worm :p
@ Mecheng, priority was to get the prisms sent out.. and with a huge workload on me for the next week or so there's more chance you or someone else will get the all important beam shot pictures before I can :o
I'll start getting a provisional second run list together as soon as possible..
Simon,
Prisms received today :cool:
Many thanks!!!
Dan.
Seemooon - I can't remember to what address I asked you to send mine too?
Can you have a shufties and let me know mate?
Ta :)
Hi Simon
Prisms arrived this morning, such cute little things :D.
Many thanks
Jem
mine have arrived too
thanks simon :):)
now i am off to my workshop to play :D
If possible, could someone measure the angle between the prisms when having de ideal position of the prisms?
Also im designing a table to mount the prisms on and i wondered if someone can tell me the mininum size (length and wide) to mount the prisms on. When shooting the beam true the prism pair, should you do that with the beam vertical like this : | or horizontal like this : ---
Thanks!!!!
Glad to hear they are filtering through..
The diodes can be mounted either way round so long as the prisms are oriented so they are correcting the slow axis, but with the fast axis vertical "|" the prisms will be easier to adjust.
The size of the prism plate will depend on the angles you set the prisms at, and that will depend of the collimators you are using and the final beam spec you are after.
If you need very little magnification then you'll get away with a small plate, maybe 15x15mm without mounting lugs, but if you need more magnification then something around 20x25mm would probably be needed. Perhaps go bigger if you want plenty of room to tweak.
If you click on the 'Specifications' tab for these prisms from Edmund, it'll give you a rough idea of the angle differences for various magnifications:
http://www.edmundoptics.com/onlineca...productID=2429
Thats just what i needed! Thanks!!!!!!:)
The parcel showed up yesterday....in good condition. Thanks for a speedy deployment ! May get a chance to nail one of these lasers down today. Thanks again !!!
Hello p1t8ull,
My prisms arrived today.
Very great job from you.
Thanks : Marco
My prisms arrived today, thanks pal.
I havent gotten mine yet :(
Mine arrived safe and sound yesterday *retardo
Thanks Mr S P1t8ull Sir ;)
my one arrived today. (south germany via airmail )
thanks simon
Mine arrive today (Netherlands)
Thank you.
Received mine today (Oregon).
Thank you for your efforts:D
got mine today...central oregon
thanks for your efforts...i know these group buys are a PITA...excellent job!
Got mine today, they look very pro :) Nice work Mr. P18bull :D
Received mine today as well
Dito what Dave said;)
Thanks P18bull
Good to hear they are gradually arriving safe and sound :)
Now please... GO SET 'EM UP AND TAKE SOME BEAMSHOTS!! *retardo
I have ordered another 50 sets of prisms as there seems to be a bit more interest.
Post #1 cleaned and updated with a new list of freaks so feel free to jump in for batch #2
Had a quick test this evening, and very tight beams were the result! sweet as! Good going Simon!
I am still interested, but I would like to change that to 2 sets please, Thanks!
Ill get two sets!
You know if these work with the red 638nm diodes aswell? in that case, i will take 4 =)
Mine arrived too, many thanks!
This set of prisms really make the 445nm party complete *retardo
Here's a quick photo:
http://www.krom-hout.nl/img/quick_prism_setup_small.jpg
I am still interested on 4 sets.
Pardini
Hey DjMagnus, from the information out there so far these prisms should work with the 638nm diodes and correct the astigmatism to some degree.
The AR coating is broadband and whilst not quite as effective out at wider angles with 638nm as it is with 445nm, it should still be pretty good. Rather than estimate how good or bad they are I'll test a pair of prisms on an astigmatic Mitsubishi 640nm/150mW diode tomorrow and post the results, also a PL member who also has these prisms has got one of the 638nm/500mW diodes on the way, so hopefully he can do a bit of testing and post up his findings.
I'll put you down for 4 for now and we'll adjust that if they crap out on the red diodes..
If focussed, then I'm guessing quite close.
These diodes are quite nasty really, we're just taming the slow axis to make it acceptable but the fast axis is still a pigs shit in its own right.
If you want to make a near perfect round beam then you'll need another pair of prisms on the fast axis to shrink the diameter and expand the divergence to better match the slow axis.
Nasty diodes :)
I guess the extra 2 prisms, to correct the FA, would be mounted 90 degrees to the other SA adjusting pair?
Indeedy 90 degrees
And the prism angles would need to be reversed, so beam right to left in order to shrink the diameter and increase divergence:
http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...chmentid=18049
Also, is the distance from the 445 collimating lens to the first prism critical?
I really need to put the first prism as close to lens as possible.
My proposed setup below minus the prisms:
Is that pic for the SA correction Si?
I am thinking it is as it looks to be expanding the beam - Yes?
EDIT - Yes it is as I have just looked at your photo a few posts back ;)
Left to right for slow axis correction (Increasing the diameter and decreasing divergence)
Right to left for fast axis correction (Decrease diameter and increase divergence)
I think that's right anyway :)
Hi Simon,
Thanks very much, these arrived safe and sound and look perfect :)
I'm sure I'll need a couple more sets very soon.
Cheers,
Tony
prisms recieved!! Thanks Simon!!!!!:D
my prisms arrived very well too.
one pair for me plz
thank you :)
Hi p1t8ull,
4 pairs for me again.
With priority dispatch to Germany it cost 98.70 GBP, allright?
Thanks : Marco
Attachment 18580Attachment 18581Attachment 18582
My prisms arrived germany today.
Everything is fine.
So i can take my "Weizenbiergläser" back to the kitchen :drink::drink::rotfl:
Btw: the result was not to bad ! I usesd ordinary water and there was a loss of 25 %
Many thanks sir p1t8ull :)
Werner