I might be willing to donate one for long term testing to find out how many hours they will run @ 800mA but I would also want to find whoever would have the best setup for this and is willing to document it very thoroughly.;)
Printable View
I might be willing to donate one for long term testing to find out how many hours they will run @ 800mA but I would also want to find whoever would have the best setup for this and is willing to document it very thoroughly.;)
The most reliable life-tests I believe are the 24/7 continuous ones. With halon fire extinguishing systems installed in the sealed labs ;]
DTR...DTR...DTR,
Please, I keep asking the same questions about the LED module you are selling, not the laser! The big LED from the TV projector.
1. Max cont. current with TEC/ heat sink/fan as included
2.How to hook up? All blues to positive? What to ground?
3.Spread; say at ten feet what beam size with the included condenser lens?
Please and thanks
I would want a continious test. We had a member on the other forum that had a nice setup and did some testing on the 445 when the projectors first came around but he is no longer active over there. Anyway if anyone has a good set up for this(does not have to be NASA approved) and is willing to put in the time I would spare a diode for murder.;)
Sorry brother I had these 635 diodes on the brain. The data sheet gives a nominal 8A input. http://led.svmmarcom.com/stuff/conte...pt54_rev03.pdf
But mouser shows 13.5A.
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...QxrLxHYc1T3YAL
I am unsure of the spread. I will try and hook one up when I get home and give you an idea. There is also some information on this in the data sheet above.
Positive is fourth from the left and the negative is the one all the way to the right. Also the LED is case positive.
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/4851/p1015979.jpg
WTF kind of an LED draws 13 Amps ?? !!
It is the PT-54 Red LED out of the A140 projector.;)
Recomended drive current 8A
Recomended peak drive current 13.5A
http://led.svmmarcom.com/stuff/conte...pt54_rev03.pdf
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9073/p1016036.jpg
Daaammn. Now that's what I call an LED. Kinda bright for an indicator lamp tho . ;)
Yep it is ridiculously bright and that picture is only driving it @ 5A.>:)
I have a RGB set with drivers for this led's bigger brother the pt-120, and yes, I can confirm that they are unbelievably bright.
chad
I have one of the Green PT-121 and it is insane. Steve-o if you though 13.5 was a lot these take 30A's.>:)
Anyway the 635's are out for delivery this morning. I should be able to get all orders packed up and back out today.:beer:
Too bad they're not coherent light. Maybe they could be used for a pump source for some kind of a resonator cavity . I wonder what the rise/ fall times are on these..
You sellin' these, DTR?
^^^^No I don't have the PT-121 but you can get them from Mouser.
http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=pt-121
635 Update
I have changed the status to "In Stock" shipping will be only 2-3 days in the US. Get them while this batch lasts.
All waiting orders have shipped.:beer:
Wow, this is interesting, didn't the inventor of the LD say they basically started out as LED's (I know-very over-simplified) .. Imagine 624, 528, and 462nm high power laser diodes <drool> ..
diode received. thanks will put it to power this weekend
Yeah, DTR thanks for what you've done Attachment 27945
Now Accepting Pre-Orders for week of 10/16 on the 300mW 635's
The next batch should be here first thing next week. Hopefully Monday. Orders placed now should be delivered by next weekend.
This batch will be $62 for the bare diode shipped US.
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes
hey DTR, just a question.
Is the 500mw open can part of your plans?
wow verry nice pictures and video!
love it
:-)
How is the beam at 10 or 20m with the G-2 lens ?
Can it be used for a bright beamshow projector ?
Or still big like the old 635nm squar lasers ?
Last question, where did you buy the cooling mount ?
looks good to keep it cool and safe!
not need a better mount if can combine 2, the power is perfect for nice rgb beamshow lasers!
still struggling with the beam specs Joost, this thread will "enlighten" you http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...023#post210023
:) :) :)
It will be a few weeks before I can get any and I still want to see that they are really better than the 300mW version not just the same thing being driven harder which we already do.:beer:
Thanks. Yes follow that thread linked by LaNeK779 for the work being done to tame this beast. But the heatsink I got here. http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/ma...-hs-50590.html
Not sure if he has any more.
If everybody had a laser in there kitchen, then the beams would be perfect allready!
But then there will be no mor efun for us.
so lets keep trying andworking with the laser diode's :-)
not to long ago there where only hene and argon lasers wooow
laser greets joost
300mW 635's In Stock Now $62 Shipped US
All orders shipping immediately.:beer:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes
Also got in a stock of 635-660nm three element glass lenses and a quantity of S06J 12X diodes.;)
The 635's have the same beam specs as the 445's don't they?
I'll look for the thread but I'm wondering, would two sets of prisms make it better?
I might have to buy one to see for myself what these diodes are like. DTR how much for the 12x diodes?
Here is the thread on the 635's. http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...lashlight-Fail
The S06J's are $54 Shipped US. PM me if you want one. I have been pretty busy and have not had a chance to add them to my webstore.:beer:
What are the "S06J 12X diodes" ? Wavelength and power? Manu?
The S06J is the most powerful Blueray diode that I am aware of that is readily available. It passes a little more power and from what I have experienced they are more robust than the 12X SF-BW512P.
http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/ne...06j-56017.html
Here is a couple of graphs of the first two tested. I am not sure the recommended current for continuous use in a projector.
Lasing Threshold
3.68V @ 30mA giving 5mW
Vf------mA----mW
4.01----50-----38
4.35----75-----81
4.62----100---121
4.88----125---166
5.08----150---209
5.27----175---255
5.41----200---296
5.53----225---337
5.64----250---381
5.73----275---418
5.81----300---462
5.88----325---503
5.93----350---537
5.99----375---579
6.04----400---617
6.08----425---656
6.11----450---692
6.15----475---728
6.18----500---767
Testing of sled #2, (same setup as above)
Lasing threshold 3.67V @ 31mA and 5mW
Vf------ma----mW
3.96----50-----32
4.3-----75-----71
4.56---100----108
4.8----125----146
5------150----188
5.18---175----228
5.32---200----266
5.45---225----307
5.55---250----345
5.65---275----384
5.73---300----418
5.8----325----457
5.86---350----495
5.91---375----533
5.96---400----564
6------425----595
6.04---450----633
6.08---475----670
6.11---500----701
DTR,
Are these 405nm diodes single or multimode? Any idea on divergence and far field spot size.
Thanks
They are single mode. I am not sure the exact divergence.:embarrassed:
They are up on my web store now.:beer:
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf/home/diodes
Just put in an order for a 445 diode and a 638/300mw diode from ya DTR :] Any word on the 500mw mitsu 638s yet? Maybe put a hold on my order if they're coming in soon.. and not too expensive ..
got my 2 diodes mister DTR, thanks a lot!
and ultra fast shipping, too!! Nice
Just giving you a bump for your fine store here DTR :D Any word on the open-can 500mw mitsu diodes? Are they dead in the water? ..
Thanks.
I keep getting new estimates from my supplier but I don't want to say anything as they keep pushing the ETA back. At this point I can not even be sure they will ever materialize.:(
But on the bright side I have an new batch of the 300mW's on the way and they will be $55 per diode shipped.;)
Excellent! A price reduction ! Wow, you don't see that everyday :)
ok, i've got to hand it to the guy
ultra fast shipping, great comms and one of the most decent pricing policies ever
are you sure there is no secret plan to take over the world??????
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Thanks for the praise. I do my best and who would not want to take over the world?http://laserpointerforums.com/images...evilgrin07.gif
300mW 635's back in stock!!! New special price $55 shipped US!!!!http://laserpointerforums.com/images/smilies/beer.gif
I am going to clear out the last few 300mW units I have in stock for $50 each and wait and see how the testing on the 500mW ones before I decide which to restock.;)
https://sites.google.com/site/dtrlpf...m-300mw-diodes
Are you expecting the 500mw diodes to be readily available in the near future DTR?
I am being told they will be available early next month but I have been giving a lot of ETA's that have not materialized but now that someone has actually gotten one and we know they are available for the pricing being advertised I am more optimistic. The only worry with them is that I hear the emitter is bigger and hopefully that won't send us back to the drawing board on correcting the beam but we are still waiting on some pictures to see the difference.;)
For those that have been waiting I have restocked the 300mW 635 ML520G71's since there still is no sign of the P73's.:(
They are ready to ship and they will still be $50.http://laserpointerforums.com/images/smilies/beer.gif
Nice price :] Too bad about the P73s . Wonder what happened? I heard that some people over on LPF got their hands on a few, tested them and were pleased with the stability and performance.
I don't know but I assume they really have no idea if they will be able to get them. I know of only one person that got their hands on a single diode. As far as I know that is the only one that has been tested and it was limited testing as they did not want to loose it. Yes they would seem to be much more stable @ higher currents with just a slightly worse divergence.;)
Yea.\well ok i guess we can only wait solong and just havta go w/ wat we got .. cheerz :liquor:
For those that have been asking the 405 S06J diodes are back in stock.http://laserpointerforums.com/images/smilies/beer.gif
2 300mw 635
1 m140
Please. PM sent
No problem. Got your order they will go out first thing in the morning.;)