It could really do with a walk through video that starts from scratch and assumes you know nothing. However, as someone who knows nothing about 3D I'm definitely not the person to do this one.
Printable View
It could really do with a walk through video that starts from scratch and assumes you know nothing. However, as someone who knows nothing about 3D I'm definitely not the person to do this one.
Following my mention of downloading BEYOND updates from the j*v*ngb* website, I see they are no longer posted there.
Can somebody at Pangolin please inform me as to where I can now get the regular updates.
I hope i'm not speaking out of turn here, but I believe that site is (or should be) known to beta testers only.
If you want an up to date release you'll have to email Pangolin.
I suspect it's probably been taken down because word about the site has got around and too many people now have access to potentially unstable beta versions of Beyond.
I suggest that you stick with the known stable versions that Pangolin will release from time to time.
Interestingly, if you subscribe to the Pangolin Beyond or Quickshow Facebook pages (note: NOT the main Pangolin page), they post frequent update messages. The down side is that they are the German side of the company, and their website is not easy to navigate. I have messed them asking if a more joined-up policy can be adopted. They equivocated. They did recently post that build 425 of Beyond was available there, I got mine from the j....... site before they pulled the content.
They pulled the page containing 424 / 425 I think in response to some serious bugs found in the time line and also a minor but annoying bug in the laser output.
That's why those files are hidden away from the public except for testers because as Jem said, they are beta only and not necessarily stable or bug free.
But the point is there is a constant stream of new releases, some of them stable and some of them not quite so. Some of the releases have new features that then get pulled on the next version, some are only available for a couple of days before the next version is out. I believe that if you go through the correct channels that you are pretty much assured of getting a known stable version.
Jem we cross posted and that advice is spot on. Stick to the official versions unless testing as you could come seriously unstuck in a show.
I personally wouldn't want to do anything other than a real time live show with 425 because the time line bugs are likely to cause problems.