It lives! Now we just need to make it breath!
Attachment 23920
Good work!
EDIT: I thought it was time we had some documentation for this project. here is a draft spec sheet. Manual and setup guide to follow.
Printable View
It lives! Now we just need to make it breath!
Attachment 23920
Good work!
EDIT: I thought it was time we had some documentation for this project. here is a draft spec sheet. Manual and setup guide to follow.
Nice Work! I want one! *retardo
me too!!
i want one, with a signed spec sheet by both of you :)
What would be the street price on such a device? This may prove to be a better solution to stabilise a 457nm LBO...already got rid of the ringing driver.
Hi Mate, Solarfire has a unit cost I believe for small qty's.
Several options moving forward:
- Solarfire supplies assembled board as required
- Solarfire supplies blank boards
- Anyone will be able to build these once the design is validated and the source files released.
- If we can get over the 100 piece MOQ, I can produce them at our China plant.
I too am keen to see Frank's costings. Won't be much I am sure. I will be releasing the source code once it's tested also. Totally open for the benefit of all.
I for one am not doing this to make money, I know from speaking with Frank that he feels the same. It's a community project, that was intended to "give back" to this place as well as stir and motive others to do the same.
We have a vast array of talented people here, just imagine the projects we could produce as a collective? The mind boggles. :cool:
Hey Wayne,
i suggest (once you feel ok with the software part) to start a feeler for a GB, maybe we can get past the 100 mark
of course it is easy for me to suggest, i will not do the actual work... so it is totaly up to you guys, if you have the time and energy to take this up
You guys might want one, but I need one to keep my 12 banger shagnasty beast in alignment >:)
The costs for all the parts of the V1.00 acquired at hobby level electronics suppliers (excluding the PCB) is 22.85€. The PCB as a prototype cost 30.59€/piece, this goes down to 3.97€/piece when 100 pieces are ordered. This prototype also had no placement mask or it would have cost 39.30€ this is no issue @ 100 pieces. This also not one of the cheapest PCB-Manufacturers maybe someone here has connections which could give better prices on the PCB’s.
Quick PCB spec’s are:
70mm x 60mm 2 layers
FR4, 35µmCu, 1,6mm
Solder mask both sides
Ormecon® - Superflat Pads
Min. route width >= 0.150mm (6mil)
Min. Drill >= 0.3mm (12mil)
Placement mask top layer only
As soon as Wayne has confirmed the build and I’ve revised a couple of points, the part list with the necessary part-spec’s, will find Its way into the spec sheet which Wayne has already started.
Costs for the V2.00 under same conditions is 25.99€ excluding the PCB, The V2.00 PCB is 80mm x 70mm same spec’s.