Thanks, James. Speaking for myself, I thought your MP4 demo make that clear.
Printable View
Well thanks for that!
I guess I might have gotten confused by the thousands of responses I got. :confused:
I must admit I tweaked a few minor details in the code, math.txt and text.txt and put out an updated version. I didn't think it was important enough to do a whole new release, but if your exe was built on the release date, you might want to DL again for a fresher version built on 8/1/2020.
I also re-rendered text.mp4 to a higher resolution.
https://laserboy.org/text.mp4
James.
If I've learned anything over the past 17 years, it is that good ideas have to come from the right people or else they go nowhere and trying to use math and logic to prove a point to people who have no idea how any of this really works is a complete waste of time.
If you DL LaserBoy and you like it. I'm really glad. You can always ask me about any part of it. I really enjoy the people I have worked with over these many years and it has helped me add all kinds of nice features to the app.
New version of LaserBoy!
https://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_Current.zip
LaserBoy_2020_08_23.zip
In this release I finally figured out how to compile and link with SDL2!
It still compiles and links with SDL 1.2.15 as well.
And it compiles in 64-bit Windows!
This distribution comes with LaserBoy.exe compiled with SDL 1.2.15 in Win32 compatible with XP and probably below AND LaserBoy64.exe compiled with SDL2 in Win64.
Since it is now possible to compile with SDL2, it should make in MacOSX.
I have to give a shout out to the people who put together MSYS2. It is really nice! If you want the GCC compiler on a Windows machine this is the way to go.
I think you put the 32 bit ver of SDL2 in your bundle. Also, it doesn't look like you need libwinpthread.dll anymore.
Awesome! Thanks!
UPDATED!
Nearly 78K lines of active code.Code:root@ubuntu:/LaserBoyV# cloc src
59 text files.
59 unique files.
15 files ignored.
github.com/AlDanial/cloc v 1.82 T=1.96 s (23.0 files/s, 45015.7 lines/s)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Language files blank comment code
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C++ 20 1678 6493 70778
C/C++ Header 24 208 1807 7071
make 1 27 3 109
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SUM: 45 1913 8303 77958
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
root@ubuntu:/LaserBoyV#
You still have the 32 bit SDL2 posted...
Some good news, you can get both 32&64 bit versions of SDL2.dll to peacefully coexist on a 64bit machine, and your apps can automatically
find the one they need at runtime.
Copy the 32 bit SDL2.dll to C:\Windows\SysWOW64, and copy 64 bit SDL2.dll to C:\Windows\System32.
Sure, that's bass-ackward and we wouldn't have it any other way!*retardo You'll also find both 32&64 versions of cmd.exe in the above directories.
For 32bit machines, just copy 32 bit SDL2.dll to C:\Windows\System32. Make sure to get rid of any extra copies of SDL2 in your app's directory
to avoid confusion.
Yep. I put the 64-bit version of SDL2.dll in Windows/System32/ . That's why I can't tell the wrong one is in the LaserBoy folder. It just works for me.
Check it again!
Thank you!