... with 100Watts pump power in a DPSS setup with AOM modulation the estimated pulse-peak-power should be something like some 10 to 100 Kilowatts and the averaged "CW" power is highly depending on the cooling methodes :cool:
Printable View
... with 100Watts pump power in a DPSS setup with AOM modulation the estimated pulse-peak-power should be something like some 10 to 100 Kilowatts and the averaged "CW" power is highly depending on the cooling methodes :cool:
There are three 100W ring diode pumps in one ND:YAG head for this one, so that's 300 watts of IR pump into one YAG.
... so in optimal setup around 100Watts averaged.
If I think about te actual DPSS IR-Laserdiode modules wit 2Watts "output power" (read "averaged") -- they're pumping with a 25W-IR-Laserdiode and AFAIK 808nm wavelength ...
Each ring has five diode assemblies, each producing 20 watts IR.
Attachment 61814Attachment 61817
... interesting design -- round 20 years ago I've helped to assemble the "ringfocus-laser", where 80(!) 20W-Diodes were collimated and the beams combined into 1.6kW on a "spot" roughly 6mm wide for metal welding.
Actually I have many IR-Laserdiodes with up to 40W fed through 0,1mm-fibers or bigger modules with up to 360W, focus combined into a spot of 0,2mm -- much more energy density :cool:
But it's mostly with 975nm, as for fiber-lasers, not 810nm, like for Nd:YAG's ...
I have a lot of laser junk, mostly good parts, but no lasers which produce more than 10W at 532 nm. Would like to use these heads, have three of them, to build a high power 532 nm laser using one or two if OSC and PA arrangement.
... ah, so meant for frequency doubling -- then good luck!
What else to do with 1064 nm :p
It's a long term project, but I have a few of them...... I made a SHG once before using 1064 nm out of a 15 KW peak power pulsed YAG, average power was only a few watts at 1064.
... when powerfull enough, then it's pretty good suited for metal: - welding, melting, cutting ... and "3D-printing" >:)
The 40W@975nm-diodes with attached 0,1mm-fibers were already enough, to melt lowtemp melting metal powder or many (dark) powders of other materials like plastic, lignin, glass and ceramic ... several of them with combined fiber tips could be focussed on a spot with roughly 0,2 to 0,3mm ... have some of this type with 40W, 30W and 25W (and "many" with 9W) -- could be easily combined to 1kW or more.
Of the bigger modules I too have some tens of different types (but same build) with output powers of 360W, 310W, 260W, 200W and 135W ... when combined, enough to form a spot of roughly 0,5mm and up do some ten Kilowatts! -- with this types I'm developing some sort of "metal wire FDM-printing" :cool:
*** EDIT *** - attached are some images of the smaller diodes with attached fiber and some of the bigger modules:
I have a lot of 35W 975 nm fiber modules which were sold as tested and good, the ones I powered up were, but I don't use lasers for anything practical, just for fun and still have two eyes too. I live out in a very rural area and have room to play, no airports anywhere near me but also not pointing into the sky here either. Although, would love to shoot a high power 532 nm strait up into the night sky someday though.
Edit: I was purely joking about what else to use 1064 nm for :p