Absolutely beautiful work. VERY nice job on layout and integration.
*retardo*retardo*retardo*retardo
Printable View
Absolutely beautiful work. VERY nice job on layout and integration.
*retardo*retardo*retardo*retardo
Hi Tony,
Yes, the module as the last picture suitbable for battery. But we can provide the modules with analogue modulation. The operation mode for our green laser as follow is analogue modulation.Attachment 24561http://www.lasever.com/producttitle.asp?id=1397
Thanks Jolie, but...
I think many of us want to use the battery-sized 12mm diameter module with analogue modulation, not the typical modules you show in that picture. These are not compact enough. Can you explain what options we have for modulating these smaller 12mm modules?
I expect she is pointing you to the OEM lab modules because they have TEC's for stability and will hopefully modulate better than a standalone OEM green 'pointer' style core. As J4 did with his module, replacing the driver with a different one would probably be cheapest option.
I am sure that they could use the driver from one of the lab style green, but then the TEC outputs would be unused. If that was the case it would give you the option of using those ouputs later if documentation was provided. *retardo I expect that voiding your warranty and soldering on a flexmod, die-for-drive, or soon to be stevemod driver is the analog modulation method.
.02,
Adam
You could try one of these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/200mW-532nm-DIY-...item336699315b
Seem to be inexpensive enough. I'm curious how they hold up against the CNI baby OEM.
I agree, I ran into this with a little green of my own.
Jolie:
I still have some questions. I think you could sell some of these here if we know more about them. The people in this thread don't mind machining and doing our own electronics work. We also are looking for small modules. We know about the bigger lab modules with separate power supplies but we are looking for compactness.
Here are the questions.
- How much money for 200mw after IR filter, 400mw after IR filter. Without Driver board. We will supply our own driver.
- Is the module isolated from Diode + and - or is it connected to one of them.
- What is the ideal temperature of the module? What temperature do you test it at?
- Do you have a graph / chart of the mw output versus temperature? (at a set current)
- Do you have a graph / chart of current versus mw output? (at a set temp)
- What are the exact dimensions? Diameter - Length.
- What are the dimensions of the collimator / Ir filter end cap. Diameter, thickness, thread specifications, Ideal distance from DPSS module, hole size and distance for spanner wrench.
- What are the specifications of the collimator lens? OD, focal length. Can we get the lens and IR filter unmounted. (maybe we can tweak the lensing a little to get them to match the reds and blues better)
- What is the threshold current. (at a given temperature)
That is all I can think of right now.
Thank, You.
chad
Jolie:
I and others still would like some information on these modules. As a company making lasers none of these questions should be difficult to answer. I am just a laser hobbyist however I have the capability of preforming all of these tests I cannot believe that as a manufacturer of lasers you can not supply this information. Nothing I asked for is property or should be a secret.
Thanks,
chad
p.s. J4 sorry for the thread jack and your little laser looks great!
Laser-wave is selling similar modules with analog modulation driver included:
http://www.laser-wave.com/en/2009/0121/article_31.html
That may be the way to go if Jolie cannot give us any data?
Though I'm still liking j4's one-for-all driver... Saves a lot of space.
I'll need two of these small 150-200mW modules in the near future for a pair of satellite (micro) projectors... Maybe someone could arrange a group buy? >:)
/Thomas
Good find! If it came from Bridge and laser-wave I would be more inclined to believe the specs.
I still would like to see the modulation power graph.
chad