Go on Steve, you know you want to :D :D :D ;)
Printable View
Steve (esbe),
Just got your PM's, just back from a long trip. But if you could help it would be great! Will reply via PM. Will post pics of the Laser Fantasy system in the next couple of days, call it a teaser for Surfleet :)
Thanks Again
Steve
Hi Everyone,
As it looks like it may now be possible to bring this beast to Surfleet I thought I would add a few pictures, really for any feedback as to how it looks, but laos to wet the apertite slightly :)
Attachment 34365
The outside of the laser head
Attachment 34366
Inside the head
Attachment 34367
Showing the three fibre launchers, three fibres in umbilicals with control cables were included. I think each is 100 foot long
Attachment 34368
In addition to the safety glasses, the enclosed head mask, a bit Daft Vader, was also included. Anyone thinking this laser does not need the utmost respect should take a look at this as head and neck protection
Attachment 34369
Inside the one remote head which was included, it looks very weather beaten inside with some evidence of a little rust on the scanners themselves. the scanners are Cts with massive mirrors.
I would welcome any comments. see you all in Surfleet :)
Cheers
Steve
Steve,
I have a reservoir, a pump, a thermatron heat exchanger model 733 with fans and a thermatron heat exchanger model 730 with fan, specs on their website and two lytron 4121 heat exchangers with 4 102 cfm fans, spec on their website. I propose the two thermatron heat exchangers in series with the pump could probably handle your cooling requirements. In this configuration the pump delivers 6 uk pints a minute (measured it) which equates to 54 us gallons an hour which is greater then the output of the pump that the manufacturers said they utilised. However note i do NOT have a deionising filter at this time, mine is well goosed. I have done some noddy calcs and think this configuration could probably do the trick, however i would appreciate input from anyone else to confirm. Gashead said he had been looking at cooling systems maybe he could pass an eye over my suggested spec.
Steve
Please bear in mind that the water around these parts is extremely hard. just sayin :)
jim wheres the mill going this year?
Which one ?
oh are you bringing yours to then briggs? ;-)
need space for 2 mills then jim
It'd only be making a one way trip Sir Con...
No, stop messin about :)