Ha!
I thought you had me there for a minute.
But then I remembered a trick to pull out of the bag.
The "warp" operator!
Basically it uses the x y z coordinate values of the second frame_set image to rotate the vertices in the first.
So in this example, I had to use the oscillator_xyz generator to put a sin into the z axis (x and y of the first frame are rotated around the z axis). Note that the amplitude of LBO1 and LBO2 is 0.0.
Thanks for that! This is the first example of the warp operator I have written. I wrote the code purely out of theory.
And it works!
The warp operator multiplies the rotational values by pi, so a regular sin wave oscillates from -1 to +1. This translates to -pi to +pi rotation in radians (one whole rotation).
Code:
math LBO1 frequency 3.0
math LBO1 phase 180.0
math LBO1 offset 1.5
math polar
math LBO1 reset
math LBO1 amplitude 0.0
math LBO2 amplitude 0.0
math LBO3 amplitude 0.25
math LBO3 frequency 3.0
# x = LBO1(t)
# y = LBO2(t)
# z = LBO3(t)
math oscillator_xyz
math warp
math render
Attachment 57882