Originally Posted by
buffo
Hey Jeremy! :)
Actually I'm the one who resurrected this thread yesterday, albeit more for nostalgia than anything else. (What better thread to bring back from the dead than one which both reveals the origins of the "Clue-by-four" and also contains my very first post ever on PL...) I suspect that Al was just jumping in once he saw that it was active again. Also, Lightglow beat him to the punch.
I didn't mean to demean the Facebook group with my post, and I don't think Al did either. But on the whole, it does seem that Facebook is more popular than the forum. I know that when I log in to Facebook there's usually a lot more new things to look at vs here. Granted, there are lots of laser-related groups on FB, so maybe that is skewing my perception a bit. But I do think a lot of people just prefer the Facebook interface to this one.
Me? I actually like PL better. But then again, I'm also one of the hold-outs for the classic Reddit layout as well. (I *hate* the new interface with a passion!) And I was against Digg 2.0 back in the day too. Call me old-fashioned I guess. :)
I was surprised to learn that there were so few new posts in the Facebook PL group though. I guess I don't pay close enough attention to which group the posts come from when they show up in my feed.
Adam