Palette cycling? Seriously? That is soooo DOS era- kind of like the chaser lights on Price Is Right back in the day. *nyancat
Printable View
Some things never go out of style.
Critical update! 09-09-2022
Fixed a crash condition in the palettes menu.
It wasn't handling empty palettes well.
Oops.
https://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_Current.zip
Vector Hack Festival 2022 is coming soon!
https://vectorhackfestival.com/2022/
I can't believe it's been two years already since the last one.
VHF came out of a Facebook group called Vector Synthesis, which is all about creating visual art using control voltage signals for oscilloscopes, vector scopes, modified CRTs and yes... laser projectors!
The focus of the group is more about the art and technology of creating control voltage signals. It gets to laser projection from there.
It's really not about using commercial laser display systems.
There are some very talented people on this forum who might find this group to be very interesting and inviting.
Being a part of this group has been the most rewarding social media experience I've ever had in all the 19 years I've been doing this.
I was accepted to be one of the presenters again for this year's event!
James.
Thanks!
I'm not at all well versed in other laser display software. I don't know of any real-time streaming ilda to video solutions. But, like I said before, you can use my software to make video from anything you can import. It can also display wav files on the screen and show them in the same time it takes to play them. They don't have to be made with my software, but that is a way to make sure they are framed correctly. Otherwise you just specify how many samples are shown in each frame.
No. That's not how it works at all. There really isn't anything real-time about LB. It just reads and writes files. No live streams in or out. But it can do all kinds of things with files. It can show vector art files as timed animation on the screen. It bridges the gaps between ild, dxf, txt, wav such that they can almost be thought of as just different forms of the same thing; vector data. Bitmap files are the translation to raster.
And wav files are multichannel, so a single wav file has all the control signals together as x, y, r, g, b, i, and possibly L & R audio. The 6th channel (i) can be a monochrome color mod signal or z or time code.
.
Not all wav players can play more than stereo, but some can into multitrack studio sound devices and surround sound devices.
The success of my app used to make wav files for direct display depends on that entirely!
.
Look what I can do!
I still have a lot of work to do, but I figured out how to read and render all of the extended ascii Latin characters and other stuff from a UTF-8 encoded ascii text file!
Now I have to add all of the new glyphs to all of the fonts that are included with LaserBoy!
Attachment 59312Code:#----------------------------------------------------
text line_space 1.00
text vari_space 0.70
text vari_gap 0.10
text to_space 0.90
text font_name arial
text color_rgb 255 255 0
text variable left
!"#$%&'()*+,-./
0123456789:;<=>?@
ABCDEFGHIJKLM
NOPQRSTUVWXYZ
[\]^_`
abcdefghijklm
nopqrstuvwxyz
{|}~
€‚ƒ„…†‡ˆ‰Š‹ŒŽ‘’“”•–—˜™
š›œžŸ¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬
®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿
ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊË
ÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×
ØÙÚÛÜÝÞ
ßàáâãäåæç
èéêëìíîïðñ
òóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ
<<__TEXT_END__>>
Plus, the way I did it is extendable, so after I get this done and out there, I can work on adding Greek, Cyrillic, Hebrew, Georgian, whatever... to the end of the current font frame_sets.
.
New release of LaserBoy-10-13-2022!
Quite a few little bug fixes and a couple new things. This one comes with a partially implemented utf8 font rendering system. Windows code page 1252 plus the extra Polish letters are available in arial.ild and courier_new.ild. There is an example file called utf8_test.txt in the txt folder that renders them. I have to add the extra characters to the other fonts. That's going to take a while. It all still works the same for standard 7-bit ascii.
https://laserboy.org/code/LaserBoy_Current.zip
.