I just have to ask... :rolleyes:
What is fuzcub all about?
James. :)
Printable View
I just have to ask... :rolleyes:
What is fuzcub all about?
James. :)
Um, just a screen name, but I guess I'm a bit of a cub...:D
Not quite.
Maybe in a few more years.
Sorry everyone else . Way off topic :o.
Yeah, Did something stupid with one of those a couple months ago. I bought a large unit for the house and I wanted to see how it worked. I found where the transducer was and somehow decided it would be a good idea to stick my finger in the water over the transducer to see what it "Feels" like. Uh..... OOUCH! :D:D I had no idea they ran at that frequency! I thought is was only around 50-60khz. Freaking finger hurt for a week! :D:rolleyes:
That's the sort of thing you only do once, ok, maybe twice:rolleyes:Quote:
Freaking finger hurt for a week
My little fogger uses 2 amps at 24v . So that's a bit less than 50w of energy( minus losses) being absorbed into the soft tissues of yr finger. I've heard that a plastic fork can be softened by holding it in the ultrasonic output zone....
B.
Yeah - I also found out the hard way how much those things hurt you... I still have one laying around in my basement.
LOL! Yeah,,, Sure felt like 50W! Definately softened my finger. On a positive note, I didn't have any dirt under my fingernail afterwards. :D:D
HA! at least I'm not the only curious person. I'm the kinda guy that would stick his hand in front of a multi-watt laser though. The curiosity kills me. :D:D
Hopefully not more than once! :eek:
How's the Jell-O projector? :D
I was thinking there might be more permanent things to work with...
Last time I shot a laser through a cube of Jell-O, it projected a 3D hologram schematic of a time traveling space ship. Unfortunately I couldn't find a pencil fast enough to write it all down before the Jell-O lost the image. I probably should have turned the laser down a bit.
James. :)
Hey James!
Hmm, Lets see... I have a 150W YAG laser I plan on fixing here soon. Gotta give that a skin test! :D:D I'll probably start off with a 10W exposure @ 0.1 seconds at first, just to get an idea... :rolleyes: Laser tatoos anyone? :D Maybe some back alley surgery? :D
Havn't got around to it yet but I gaurntee I will give it a try here soon. I'll post pics and maybe video as well.