Where do you live??
I don't think there is a date yet..
Printable View
Hey Kats -
Right now, I am proposing we all consider Dec 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 (I'll explain the pros/cons of each day shortly) OR 17 / 18 / 19 / 20. The reason for the 'spread' is that Laserium holds public shows Thursdays thru Sundays - we would not want to do a LEM on a day where we would preempt shows, unless we were to 'buy' it at the 'Event Rate' (~$2500. / night) :eek:
So, since that is obviously cost-prohibitive for a LEM, we'd either have to do it on an 'off day' (M-W, though in Dec, we're not doing shows on Thurs till week-of 12/21, thus, the 10th and 17th are included in the 'open dates' above..) OR on a Fri, Sat or Sun BEFORE shows. On those days, Fri's shows start @ 7:30 pm and on Sat / Sun's, shows start @ 4:30 pm.
If we got started early on a Sat / Sun (if it turns out that the majority of folks cannot do it on either a Thurs or Fri due-to work, etc) we could fit it into those days, and again - bonus - you get to stay and see the 'classic' Laserium shows (and they are worth staying-for...) :) If we did it on a Thursday, we can have the place dawn till dawn if we want...>:)
Thoughts? :cool:
So, viewing the above, when would not be good for you?
hey J (correct? :) - yeah, where is 'here'? (State-level is fine - not looking to bust any privacy rules, here... :D)
So, what say you all? Please don't tell me we will get outshone by our East-Coast brethren, here - we DO have to show the rest of the PL-hood that we West Coasters DO know how to kick photon-butt, OK? :cool: I think all that needs to happen is one of ya'll (there's that word again.. :D) needs to come down to the Vine and SEE a classic Laserium show to get stoked for this, then I'm sure I'll not be the only only one amping this...:cool:
If Dec is just not working for peeps, well, lemme know - Jan is fine, too..
peace..
J
Hmmm.. I am kind of leaning towards in favor of doing in January so it would give people more time to prepare, and mostly because I have finals that last week!
Sorry. Haven't been 'round for a bit. I don't have much to show, but would make the meet and probably bring at least one "guest"
One vote for Pink Floyd ;)
Peace,
dave
I live in the SF bay area.
http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...pictureid=1696 I don't know; this thread is pretty old... http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...pictureid=1094
...well, guys (and gal) - forget the CALEM @ Laserium... the investor/managers screwed the pooch...
...sorry...maybe here @ VanNuys...
I'll keep ya posted...
j
:(
That's too bad.
In other news.. My friend who works at Guitar Center told me today, that someone from Oregon named Tim came in earlier, and he was talking about installing a 13 Watt Full Color laser for Disneyland.. I have a pass, and I hope it's not BS. I just wondering where it would be used.
So has the CALEM happened yet. If not, count me in. I am a newbie to this forum but not to lasers.
No, it has not.. Will it ever?? I have no idea anymore :(