-
Got some preliminary info back: Those may be nothing more than filter caps. (Maybe I got lucky?) Thinking maybe just 100 uf, 6.3 volt tantalums.?.
I posted 5 pictures of the board in the gallery if anyone wants to have a look and see if they can ID the caps...
Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Pic 5
Each link is to the page with the 640x480 thumbnail pic. Click on the picture to be taken to the 12 megapixel original image. (4000x3000)
Thanks in advance!
Edit: David at LaserShowParts offered this thread as evidence that those caps might in fact be nothing more than 47 microfarad, 10 volt filter caps. Sure enough, I checked the numbers on my board, and at least one of the blown caps is labeled "476A". I think we have a solution here! (Damn, and in less than 6 hours too!) What a bunch of guys!
Adam
-
call me call me call me call me!!!!
:D
-
All vulturing aside....the caps on the neg 5v input rail {C1} is a 47uF tant. The {C7} ther cap is a 44uF on my driver. I have some parts that can be reclaimed but no new ones...seems I have used these up in different projects. I will see if they are any left and let you know asap.....be sure to look at putting a zener on the inputs.....5.6v....1N5232B. Install with band facing pos input connection. May help protect. Call me if there is anything I can do to help......
-
Marc;
Sorry I missed your post. I logged off like 2 minutes before you posted. Don't sweat it though - DZ found a supplier in Atlanta that has the caps I need. He's going to bring them to SELEM.
Mike;
Thanks for the info! Based on your confirmation, plus the information in the thread linked to above, and a detailed inspection of the other two (still working) Lasever drivers that I have, I think we've got enough info to proceed. Looks like all the caps on the DC input are 47 uF for a Lasever driver, just as you posted. And on my driver the writing on C7 is still visible, so I know it's also a 47 uF unit. We should be fine, assuming nothing else got fried on the board. (Could be that those caps are designed to be sacrificial... They blow first and save everything else?)
I'll be at the venue on Friday at noon. DZ is going to meet me there and we're going to give it a go. What time did you say you were planning to get in town?
Adam
-
I have the replacement caps in hand! I use to think Radio Shack had an insane markup on thier products... I just paid $15.42 for three 47uF tantalum caps!:eek: I could have bought 59 of them from mouser for the same price! Oh well, hopefully we can get Buffo's projector running with blue again.:rolleyes:
-
I am planning to be there early Sat morning. ..say around 10ish. I have tried to clear up everything so the fabricators can continue their projects over the weekend....I told them to stop if in doubt. That way it won't reflect a higher than estimated cost on final outcome. Do you have any idea of the price of metal these days? You could get rich quick if you had a stock pile to sell. Enough work it's play time! Let me know again if there is anything I can bring/do to help. Hopefully I won't get one of those phone calls this weekend. Let me know........I will bring some op-amps and other goods that may be needed.
-
Here's a dumb question, late in the game, but are we going to have tables and chairs for setting up desk-like work areas?
Geeeez! I don't know how I'm going to be able to handle being away from my computer for so long. I need to blog on the PL, ya' know! I don't want to get out-of-touch! :D
James. :)
-
I think you will have internet, wasnt there gonna be live streams?
For that matter *Adds the event page to his calendar*
-
No worry on tables and chairs, James. The venue has them in abundance.
No worries about Internet access either... We'll have Wifi in the lobby and ethernet cable connections inside the auditorium. (Didn't you say you were bringing a 16-port switch and a roll of cat 5 cable?) I'm planning to use the cable to run a drop from the main router for the building into the lobby area, then put an 8 port switch there. Then I'll run a drop from that switch into the auditorium and put your 16 port switch at the end of the drop. Folks can jack in there and get Internet access, plus share files with anyone else that's on the network.
Mike - We should be up and running by 10 AM. I'll probably get there early on Saturday to finalize the setup and stuff. 10 AM was the official kick-off time, but I hope to have things rolling by then.
Adam
-
I'm leaving in 15 minutes on my way to NC. Anyone need a video projector? It will hook to a computer. If needed I'll bring it.