Tonight I managed to fry the PSU for my ScanPro20's.:mad:
No "bears" involved, but maybe wine didn't help - anywho, can anybody suggest where I may get a PSU as in pic?
+/- 15V 0.8A.
Just praying it hasn't taken scanner amps with it:(
Thanks, David
Printable View
Tonight I managed to fry the PSU for my ScanPro20's.:mad:
No "bears" involved, but maybe wine didn't help - anywho, can anybody suggest where I may get a PSU as in pic?
+/- 15V 0.8A.
Just praying it hasn't taken scanner amps with it:(
Thanks, David
oh man that sucks!!!!
Did you contact DAVE (lasershowparts) yet?
Surely he can supply a replacement PSU.
Or maybe Bridge...
He is close to the fire.
Thanks Anthony,
Contacted Dave. Will await reply.
David
Yeah, I agree, I know that "things" fried his ScanPro20 PSU and Dave (LSP) sent him another. He is really helpful when there is any problems with there parts. I am sure he will help you out, They're a good team at LSP :D
what did you do to fry it david ? it may repairable
i dont mind having a look at it;)
Hmm weird, my scanpro PSu fried (let out the magic blue smoke!) too, but I think that was due to me accidently shorting the program board :eek:. Dave is a awesome guy and should be able to hook you up
Thanks to all for suggestions/help.
It was my fault. A wire from my blanking box managed to make its way through the grill on the rear of the psu. I think it grounded the heatsink of TR1, or something near there. Blue flash - no power:mad:
The onboard fuse on the psu is fine, usual way with fuses - it protects itself by sacrificing a component:o
Dave at LSP was very helpfull, he can supply a replacement, but the carriage is the killer. I can hardly expect him to give me a replacement when it was me who blew it up!
Rob is sending (thanks Rob!) me a "loaner" so I can see if anything else has suffered.
I thought it would be easy to find one on Ebay, but it seems as though you can get everything except +/- 15V:(
If it comes to it I can just make a simple linear regulated supply - just another thing to find space for!
Chris - if you don't mind looking at it, I would be very happy - PM me.
At least I have the front panel and casing finished now.
All the best, David
Hi David,
I am sorry to see you had some problems. I am also sorry to see the problems still not solved. it is my pleasure that can do something to help you.
yes, I can help you buy one of the power supply from the manufactory, I am sure that is not expensive, as this unit is cheaper and if you are not hurry, we can send with airmail, the shipping prices is cheaper, only problems is it always 1-2 weeks needed, we do it a few time just shipping a few pcs mount etc, all are well to our customers hand.
just email me, David, tomorrow I will asking the right man and let them shipping one to me, :).
Best regards!
Bridge
Got the PSU from Rob today:)
All seems OK.
Thanks to everyone for help sd suggestions.
More pics to follow soon. David
One big helpfull happy PL familly!!!!!! cool