Feedback on SELEM; thoughts for improvement...
Hey folks;
Well, I'm not going to be available very much over the next couple weeks. I'm stuck in southern Illinois for the next week on a business trip, and I have very limited Internet access out here. :( And when I get home, I'll only have a day or two before I'll be leaving for Florida for this year's ILDA conference, which is being held on board a cruise ship. :D So while I'm sure it will be a great time, that will be another week that I'll be out of touch.:o
Nevertheless, I wanted to start a thread for people to share their suggestions regarding SELEM. This year was an incredible event, and due to the size of the crowd we had some unique challenges to overcome. And while I thought it was a successful event overall, there are certainly areas where we can improve how we do things. So please share your thoughts on this matter now, while everything is still fresh in your mind. I want to capture as much feedback as I can. Later, when I'm back home again, I can pull everything together into a master list and start working on the plan for next year.
One thing I already checked on is the venue availability. And unfortunately, it looks like we're going to be stuck with the same weekend again for next year. If we try to do it a week earlier, we won't be able to extend the event. (Many people suggested we start the load-in on Thursday, so we'd have Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to play.) So if we want to make SELEM longer, we'll have to stick with that third weekend, just like this year.
If you thought something went well this year, tell us. And if you thought something should have been done better, definitely tell us! I'm looking for all kinds of feedback, and I'm not worried about being offended, so please be brutally honest with your suggestions. (Sometimes that's the only way to get your point across.);)
Adam