-
12 Attachment(s)
Moncha Got a Makeover
Just saw this video and plan on taking a look at the new features once I get a hold of the updates! I'll post screen shots and stuff once I can, but in the mean time check out the video that they posted about the new Moncha.net system.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAmWyqYU4KI
-------------------------------------AND NOW FOR THE PREVIEW / NEW UPDATES / OTHER THINGS -------------------------------- (added after origional)
Alright lets get this going shall we? As probably the premier Moncha user, i'll tell you what I noticed and maybe some suggestions and features.
This is the new main screen,
*new color sceme
*added Moncha Matrix
Attachment 33631
Just a few things that didn't change,
*Keyframe Editor
*DMX Editor
*Scene Editor (except for small change)
DMX
Attachment 33634
Keyframe (for show line)
Attachment 33632
Scene Editor (the thing on top is new part, slight change, not sure what it does yet)
Attachment 33633
NEW PARTS!
New Display Output Settings
*can now have up to 16 outputs ( I did 6 for this deminstration )
*new fade map thing (REALLY awesomely set up)
Attachment 33636
Attachment 33637
Now on to the newest and most intriguing part. "Moncha Matrix"
Taken from the fiesta matrix system, the system allows you to controll movements fading size and position of each output while not changing the effect. This allows for some cool ways to control the system.
I REALLY wish that with this introduction of multiple outputs, that they would allow you to control each output doing different effects like fiesta, although they might want to keep that Fiesta exclusive, or they might want to think about this for the next update.
Here are the pics!
Here is something I made quickly, each output has different modulations to it, some are fading, some are movement, and some are rotation
Attachment 33638
You then see that they are added in the top pannel, and you can change speed (or quite possibly other moduations) by sliding it back in forth with your cursur
Attachment 33639
Next feature is the ability to load things to the OEM or box and run using DMX, this is where you upload effects to channel values, you can put 255 effects into one channel (as is the DMX protocol)
Attachment 33640
Then as far as I know, you then can asign what DMX channels can do what, but i'm not sure, this might be used for some other completely different thing, but it doesn't really explain, so i'm not sure.
Attachment 33641
Last change is that moncha draw is no more, now they are using quazar 2.0 which is what they use for fiesta too, more advanced than moncha draw, and pretty much has everything you need, the only thing it doesn't have is auto trace, (i'm not complaining)
Attachment 33643
And I think that is it, if I find something else I will post here again.
I think its a major improvement but I DO have a few suggestions, (these i will forward to Michal Pokluda, as I am in easy communication with)
1. If Midi control is not available, MAKE IT AVAILABLE!
2. Allow control of each OEM individually, and allow different effects to be played at the same time (similar to Fiesta)
3. Allow Matrix movements to be put in the timeline along side of the effects.
If I think of anything else while using, i'll be sure to post it,
Enjoy!
-
Interesting. Seems they made a lot of work and improvements for Moncha these last times!
A great alternative to Quickshow, with the major advantage of the ethernet connection ;)
-
Yes just bought an OEM version to install in my demoprojector:) Can,t wait to play with it.*retardo
-
-
-
Having trouble updating, but as soon as I get it i'll post pics!
-
Alright Updated the original post!
-
The guys over at showtacle (makers of Moncha, Fiesta, etc) have been good in other ways - releasing an SDK so that other software like LSX can support their DACs as well. This way, their users can experience the best of many worlds. :thumbsup:
-
Awesome!!! Using moncha and LSX is a great combo!!!!!! Looking forward to try LSX and the new moncha:)
-
LSX works flawlessly with Moncha box, i wonder if this new Moncha software is available only to Moncha.net box users or even to those with old USB boxes