Noob question on scanners.
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place. There doesnt seem to be a "General" sub-forum, so I'll post it here.
I'm looking for a cheap 30k galvo set up. I found these...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/30Kpps-Galvo...item3a7d5722c5
Is this any good? Can I find a decent simular set up for under $200?
I already have the diodes, mounts, FS mirrors, aluminum plate, computer DAC, and Spaghetti. I will be ordering a diode power supply ( I might use a PC PS), dicros, and drivers for the diodes. Is there anything else I need, outside of that kit, to finish a ghetto DIY projector?
The projector will be used in house only, so I dont need super quality.
Thank for help in advance.
Edit: If I can find used parts even better. So if you have any older projector junk laying around shoot me an offer.
1 Attachment(s)
Those Ebay scanners look just like these!
Techjunkie,
That scanner set on EBay looks an awful lot like this one, even manufactured in the same location:
http://www.phenixtechnology.com/en/product.html
When I purchased my scanner set from my vendor (who is not on PL as far as I know) he would not tell me the manufacturer 'because I could import them myself for less money'. When I found out how much profit the vendor took on that sale it really bugged me, so I'm "spilling the beans" by posting the manufacturer's website.
I'm happy with the performance for the money. The scanners are a little weak on the graphics side, but very good for beam shows.
@Norty303: Where can you get DT30s for $250 ? Did you mean 250 USD or pounds? The pricing I have seen is more like $345 (lasershowparts.com). Maybe I should purchase a set from you! :)
Anyway, Techjunkie, I am a novice hobbyist, and it sounds like you are as well. I went ahead and purchased the 20kpps scanners, but it turns out for about the same amount of money I could have purchased the 30k version direct from the manufacturer. Its been two years since I had these scanners quoted, I'll send them an e-mail to get pricing for their 20, 30, and 50K version, I'm curious anyways. The 50K version is the only one that shows a scanned ILDA test frame.
I'll take a picture of a proper ILDA test frame this weekend and post it for review criticism. For now, here is a projection from these scanners so at least you have an idea of what they can do. I was asking the same questions you are a couple years ago... There is also the option of buying from the USA...Pangolin is working on some new scanners that are value priced but they are not really released yet.
PhenixTechnologies 20kpps
Soundcard homebuilt DAC
LSX Basic Lasershow Software