7 Attachment(s)
Anyone have General Scanning Z1913 Galvanometer specs?
Gentlemen,
I bought a couple of GSI Lumonics LightWriters (50W YAG markers) off ebay and am now stuck, unable to revive these units, because the guy who sold them omitted the little yellow security dongles that enable the installed Windows 95 ProLase software. (And now he "can't find them". What a ripoff.)
So before I give up totally, I'm thinking of repurposing the galvo heads using OpenAPC/Beamconstruct, or since I've spent the past six years integrating various machinery using Linux CNC, I might go that route.
These machines each contain a pair of Measurement Computing (MC) PCI-CTR05 and PCIM-DDA06/16 cards that drive an incredibly ancient card-plane driver board called Scanner Interface DG300 which in turn drive the X and Y galvo mirrors which are of type "General Scanning, model Z1913."
Attachment 50039Attachment 50040Attachment 50041Attachment 50042
I've been looking unsuccessfully for specifications and pinouts for the above Z1913 galvos - anyone here familiar with these units? They have DB15 connectors. I'd like to know the specs and pinouts so I can attempt to drive them without destroying them. I'll try first to drive them through the card (using only +/-10V) but if I must, I'll drive them directly.
The only control going to these galvos is the (presumed) +/-10V signal from the MC cards to the DG300 scanner control backplane card - I imagine this card controls the closed loop, or temperature compensation, or whatever. I won't know until I can get some specs on these galvos.
Anyone?
Torin...